Thread: Ruger 77 RSM 375 H&H?

Default Ruger 77 RSM 375 H&H?

Does anyone know if and where I might buy a synthetic stock for a Ruger RSM 375 h&h? I have not been able to find anyone who makes them.

Thanks

Try McMillan stocks. They have a web page. Their stocks ain't cheap, but buying the best usually isn't.

Thanks Matt but they don't make em either.

375AIJGS,

You might want to check out MPI stocks, it appears that they can stock about anything. www.mpistocks.com I can't vouch for them, never owned one. You will find mixed reviews on MPI. I've looked at a few rifles with MPI stocks and they appear to be decent; they do have their supporters. I know a gunsmith that uses MPI stocks and also does a lot of their bedding and painting. http://extremerifleworks.com/index.html He is in Alaska, I don't know where you are located, but it might be an option to talk with him.

"A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches."
    Proverbs 22:1

Timber out.

"AND YE SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL MAKE YOU FREE."

JOHN VIII - XXXII

A gentlemen from another forum was suprised to see the material used on his mpi stock:

Default MPI stocks.

The MPI stock company is located on US Hwy. 30 in Portland, Oregon. I toured their facility about 4 or 5 years ago. It is, if I recall, in an old gas station. They make an excellent product. Their stocks are strong and are laid up by hand, completely. At the time I was there, they wanted about $400 to inlet, bed and fit a stock to a rifle. That was a bit rich for me, so I did my own. I have bought several MPI stocks, but I do not enjoy making them fit. It is a tedious job, requiring skill and knowledge, and is best left to a gunsmith. I was able to do the job, but it took a long time, I had to re-do the first one several times, grinding out the bedding, then going through the whole process again. I had some problems with the way the screw holes were aligned, and wound up making brass inserts for the forestock screws, so they were dead on and the screw tension could be torqued to exact specs without damaging the synthetic material. After completion, they worked great. I did not have a chance to check the weight against McMillan stocks.
    Jack

Well I checked MPI and no luck. I suspect there's not a lot of demand for synthetic stocks on these rifles. I was just thinking I might save some wear on a nice piece of walnut.

Thanks

Have you looked at Hogue Inc for a synthetic stock? They are quite popular around here and have a good grip surface.