Thread: Processing in Fairbanks

Default Processing in Fairbanks

Is there a processor in Fairbanks that will box and ship meat to states after processing? Whether or not there is, are there any recommended processors for moose?

Santas Smokehouse over by the animal shelter I beleive its on Davis Rd. Im not sure on their prices but you may also look into Delta Meats.

Default santa smoke house

They did my bou and shipped it. Had a problem with the airlines and it was almost thawed. They said they wouldn't use the airlines anymore. Had to come all the way to NC

Default Processor and shipping procedures

Santas smokehouse does it however, they have some connections with Alaska Airlines and other shippers, and will recommend YOU to take it to and where, its better if you do it this way, because you are dealing with the shipper for special instructions. Call them prior, and get the info. So when you come out of the field, your ready to go.

Santas Smokehouse: 907-456-3885 or 1-800-478-3885
    Or contact shelbie@santassmokehouse.com or just santassmokehouse.com

boy I'd find a way to get delta meat and sausage to do it if they dont. If they do I would use them without hesitation! NO other butcher shop near here compares, and I'm in Fairbanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TradBow View Post
    boy I'd find a way to get delta meat and sausage to do it if they dont. If they do I would use them without hesitation! NO other butcher shop near here compares, and I'm in Fairbanks.
    AGREED! drive to Delta. I dont know if they ship or not, but their processing is #1. And to boot, it was cheaper for gas and processing than it was to have it done around Fairbanks...AND...they'll bring it back to Fairbanks, or at least North Pole, when complete, so you only drive it once. Just dont take your moose in there. They fill up quick and I need room for them to take mine!