Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where did the Glacier Craft theads get Moved to?

Default Where did the Glacier Craft theads get Moved to?

Just curious as I posted to both the "Moved" threads and I can't seem to find them now. When I click on the moved thread I get a message that says...

e45colt, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Any ideas are welcome.

I was thinking the same thing! I started the build theread! It is my boat!

MODERATORS????????????????????????????????
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Default Glacier Boat threads

Has the moderator stopped all viewing of these threads or is just me?
    Ken

I was wondering the same thing, so I guess they are shut down. I liked those photos that Spoiled One had posted.

So, I made a comment about your boat, which I love the looks of. I was curious if your cabin door was a slider and I never got to see if you responded because they shut down the threads.

I PM'd a moderator last night and have not gotten a response. Lame. I didn't see anything in your thread that it should have been shut down for.

Nice dang boat by the way, I really like the looks of it and the amount of work that went into it. Impressive!

Angry Glacier Build

Ya , I was enjoying that thread too , good to know that free speech is alive and well in the North.
    Ken

Default Build

SO.
    Don't let them stop your thread , I'm sure there were many of us following the build and would like to see and hear the final results.
    Pretty thin skin on the other Glacier threads it seems or maybe the moderator is buddies with the owner.
    Anyway keep us up to date on your boat.
    Moderators should explain themselves!
    Ken

??????????

Default Simply stated

Simply stated: Pulled by request of the manufacture.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default What?

That's odd. I thought it was spoiled one's boat, not Glacier Craft's. And I thought it was spoiled one's pictures and words, not Glacier Craft's.

Are all of us discussing and posting pictures of our boats, outboards, pot pullers, trailers, etc. subject to having our posts removed by their manufacturers? Someth'n ain't right. Why would GC not want pictures and discussion of their boat posted...especially when it isn't theirs anymore?

I don't think they intended to have Spoiled Ones thread removed. Just the other one and as a result they both got pulled. Maybe Spoiled One can repost his pics. It is an awesome rig!!!
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    Simply stated: Pulled by request of the manufacture.

It is a shame the company and the operators of this forum couldnt stand some honest comments about the likes and dislikes about what GC produced.
    We all lose when this forum only wants people to present postive comments and not honest comments be it negative or positve.
    Tennessee

I don't think they intended to have Spoiled Ones thread removed. Just the other one and as a result they both got pulled.
    Why in tarnation would the other thread need to be removed? Members were simply discussing their experience with GC, some good, some bad. But all extremely civil. Certainly nothing posted there broke any forum rules. In fact it appeared to me that someone(s) from GC was even posting in that thread.

I'm kinda new here. Hopefully everything I've been reading hasn't been censored in a manner like this.

Default Consumer comments censored?

If I said only good things about a business or their service would the thread be pulled?
    I am simply commenting on MY experience and yours may be different. When I am in the market for a product that is 6 figures I should have access to honest feedback. My previous comments on the pulled thread were civil and really happened to me. I will never buy a Glacier Craft product or service, and will willingly tell any and all who will listen, of MY experience.
    That person is still free to spend their money where they feel comfortable. I refuse to be treated poorly and disrespected when it is MY HARD EARNED money that they want. I am happy to pay for quality but attitude and quality are closely linked in my view.

Ed

I can understand to a degree that GC didn’t like the negative press from the first post. No-one wants negative press. BUT the second post, nothing but good advertisement there! Seriously nice looking boat Spoiled!!!! I really enjoyed your photos. I thought your thread was a good contrast to the other thread about GC. It‘s a shame we can‘t discuss pros and cons of certain boats on this forum. I would think GC would want more positive press like the thread that Spoiled started. Having both threads regardless of the content pulled from the forum speaks volumes…..

Default Back

The boat building one is back below somewhere.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Wink

The GC boat threads seemed to be getting personal and someone obviously pulled the plug. I really enjoyed all the viewpoints, it speaks volumes about how "word of mouth" is still alive and well. I think GC got a fair shake in the threads, it got beat up a bit by some burned customers, and then recovered a bit by a good plug from Spoiled One's thread and photos. I wish we had these types of forums available to get feed back about spouses before we...! (I better watch it or I'll be sleeping in the boat tonight under the tarp!)

Default Honesty Will Set You Free

...ALSO, If your product costs six-figuers WE the customer should beable to request a polygraph test, phone numbers of all your previous customers, and an interview with your mother!

Default I'm open and honest....... why aren't these forums?

When I had a bad expeirence I shared it. I hoped that others would benefit and learn from it.
    When I see quality work I heap praises about it.

Why are the Forum/Moderators protecting Glacier Craft?

Advertising $$$$$$$$$$?

Ed

Default RE: Pulled Threads

A couple years ago I posted a thread about a very lousy fly-out operation and the horrible experience that I had with them. Nothing in the thread broke any of the forum rules. The thread was subsequently pulled shortly after I posted it. As it turns out, the company I wrote about sponsored this site. I stopped coming to this site after that and have just recently returned thinking that maybe something’s have changed, but maybe not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast