Thread: Floating the Nimi

Default Floating the Nimi

anyone ever float the nimi northwest of Kotzebue? i am doing a float hunt there but i have never set foot in a raft.
    ...Jackie Bushman is a TOOL

Default ...

You should be fine if the Nimiuktuk is like the two tribs below it (Kelly and Kug). I floated them with my wife in Ally pack canoes and never had any trouble. If the Nimiuktuk is similar, and I am sure it is, you would have no trouble. Ask Walt Maslen www.northwestalaska.com and he can tell you for sure. He rents high quality rafts/gear in Kotzebue and is very familiar with the area. A great resource for anyone traveling to NW Alaska.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default pics...

Here are some pics from our float trips. Thought it may offer some insight into the area you are going. The majority of the pics are from the Kelly and the Kugururok. They are the two tribs south of the Nimmiuktuk. You can see green trees in the background of some pics. Those are from the Goodnews in SW Alaska. It will be obvious which ones are from which area. Tundra and rock = Noatak, green vegetation and salmon = SW Alaska. When you open the below link, click "view slideshow" in the upper right.

http://www.flickr.com/gp/21144083@N02/vD0q3V
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.