Thread: DG/473 Terror Lake, Hidden Basin Goat hunt

Default DG/473 Terror Lake, Hidden Basin Goat hunt

I drew a permit for area 473 for goat and wondered if any one has been to this area for goats before? Any info is great. Thanks.

Default Call Seahawk Air

Call Roland at Seahawk air, he's great.

used to guide over there, 2/3rds of the way down kizuyak bay there is a dock with a road (real road with trucks and stuff) that goes back to the power plant, four miles down the road there is a switchback road (with trucks and stuff) that climbs right up the mountian walk that till you hit the mountain and look to the right...lol should be a goat standing within 500 yards...not really kidding actually. but that road goes along way back and gets you up high.
    if it was my tag...i'd fly in to kizuyak with a mt bike and a kiddie trailer and nail me a goat and ride right back to the dock....be awesome!!
    you won't have to actually touch a bush for...well maybe never. shoot me a pm if these directions aren't accurate enough, or check out sat photos on google, should be able to see the road.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default Seahawk Air

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Call Roland at Seahawk air, he's great.
    Thanks, I have used him in the past for deer hunts, I already have him booked for this hunt.

Default Mt. bike

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    used to guide over there, 2/3rds of the way down kizuyak bay there is a dock with a road (real road with trucks and stuff) that goes back to the power plant, four miles down the road there is a switchback road (with trucks and stuff) that climbs right up the mountian walk that till you hit the mountain and look to the right...lol should be a goat standing within 500 yards...not really kidding actually. but that road goes along way back and gets you up high.
    if it was my tag...i'd fly in to kizuyak with a mt bike and a kiddie trailer and nail me a goat and ride right back to the dock....be awesome!!
    you won't have to actually touch a bush for...well maybe never. shoot me a pm if these directions aren't accurate enough, or check out sat photos on google, should be able to see the road.
    Thanks Brwnbr, I am actually going to use Seahawk Air. I was just curious if any one else has flown into this area in late Oct. and how high they were able to land. There are quite a few options as far as alpine lakes go in this area.

quiet a few? i see terror as being the only real option that'll get you near goat country. landing high has its problems though, roland will be more limited on getting you out due to clounds and you don't know how the brush is, check goodle maps in the sat photos to get an idea how close you'll be to the actual goat country. have roland drop you off at terror adn then bike out....? or the other way around?
    If it was me...i'd be there on my bike, on the road to the power plant theres people in case you need it, telephone, low alltitude so a plane can get in and on the ocean less than one hour from antone larson so a boat can get you if you really get stuck. bring several phone numbers with you in case you need them.
    I'll bet ya, everyone will be landing on those alpine lakes....so maybe a campsight will already be cleared out for you. good luck
    Master guide 212

Have Roland land you on Shotgun Lake.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Late October into Shotgun? Hope you don't mind waiting til spring to get out.

Like everything in life "it varies". My son and I flew out of Shotgun on 1 Nov...but we were prepared to walk out if Shotgun froze over. '02 was a warm fall. You pay your money and you take your chances - we were lucky...but not everyone will be.

spring is a pretty time of year....
    Master guide 212

Default Rolan with SeaHawk Air

Rolan is rock solid! I have used him on 4 different goat hunts all sucessful all in late October and all in high Alpine lakes (1700 ft) as long as you are willing to let the weather drive your hunt, the risk is worth it. Last year we were pretty close, but still able to hunt let Oct and have a really nice hide on the goats. I would STRONGLY suggest you bring a Sat Phone if you plan to make this late hunt.
    The goat on my member logo was taken on Oct 20th on a lake at 1700 ft. I hunter DG474 which is very close in late Oct and landed on a lake that I believe, is at a higher elevation than Shotgun.
    Last edited by cusackla; 03-05-2008 at 10:38. Reason: added info