Thread: honda power steering

Default honda power steering

has anyone out there had any experiance with the new honda power steering
    what models are they offering it on?
    i might trade in one of my 450 foremans on a new one

I have not had any experience with the Honda power steering but I can tell you it makes a big difference on the Yamaha Grizzly. It is well worth the money spent. At first, I was skeptical about power steering on a quad. I could not imagine it would make much difference or that it would be reliable. So far (purchased last August 1st), I have been wrong on both counts. Power steering is awesome and reliability has not been an issue. It is hard to drive a non-eps quad anymore. I would assume the Honda version would be just as good. Good luck and enjoy.
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

I second the power steering on the Grizzly 700. I don't know anything about the Honda or if it is as reliable as the Yamaha or not but I couldn't be happier with mine.

Coming from someone who obviously hasn't tried one....Is it really that hard to steer a wheeler w/o power steering? Or is it one of those things that once you've tasted it, you can't live without?

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Coming from someone who obviously hasn't tried one....Is it really that hard to steer a wheeler w/o power steering? Or is it one of those things that once you've tasted it, you can't live without?
    Ya, I never would have thought about power steering on an ATV until I tried it. Now, I wouldn't have one without it. It makes a good ATV a great ATV. It really proves itself when locked in 4x4 mode in technical riding situations. No more binding up in the turns when going around or over obstacles. I think most (if not all) manufacturers will be offering something like this in the near future. It had been a big hit for Yamaha. I have not heard much about it on the Honda side (good or bad).
    2007 Yamaha Rhino 660
    2007 Yamaha Grizzly 700 SE w/EPS
    http://www.grizzlycentral.com/

I've ridden for years without power steering but I am 61 years old and do a lot of wheeling in the mountains. My moose camp is about 3 miles of non stop side-hilling and when the racks are both heavily loaded and pulling a loaded trailer it is very tiring on the arms. With my Grizzly 700 it is a breeze as it senses and gives you just the amount of power steering you need. I still have my Grizzly 660 and sometimes when a friend is riding it with me I'll switch just to let them see the difference and to remind me how much I love my 700.