Thread: FIRE PORT's in Cowling ??

Default FIRE PORT's in Cowling ??

I found one web site with this product, they list 6 kinds, some for outboards & inboards, some white some clear. Marine East web site only shows one photo, I like the concept but no idea what or which will work best. Anyone have a different Brand or personal experience?
    Fire Port, enables you to detect Engine Fires Quickly & Extinguish them directly into the engine compartment with out lifting the cowling and adding fresh oxygen to a fire. Mounted directly next to the carberator on the engine cowling, it directs extinguishing material, where almost fires are.
    If a fire in the engine compartment is detected the Fire Extinguisher Nozzle is poked thru the trap door and discharged. This port is semi clear so the light off a fire can be seen but the smoke should give it away fast. Over all diamater, 1-3/4" to 2-3/4"
    Last edited by alaskapiranha; 04-27-2008 at 14:10.

The slickest system I know of is fire trace, detection and supression all in one.

Unfortunately they haven't done a great job marketing their product, and that could just be the fact they are a small company that doesn't have the resources to do so.

If I ran a gas inboard, I'd give a serious consideration to installing one of these systems.