Thread: Motorola Bag Phones

Default Motorola Bag Phones

Hi Guys ,my Old Motorola Bag Phone Dies Next Month Because It Is Is Analog. I Have Been Looking Into The New Motorola M800 Bag Phone That Is Stated To Transmits 3x Than Normal Cell Phones. The Watts At 2 Compared To .6 For Regular Cell Phone. The Old Bag Phone Has Been Great ,just Obsolete. My Question Is.there Are Two Different M800 Phones ,one With Cdma ,and One With Gsm And Sim Card,whats The Difference ?thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RUSTY PUPPY View Post
    Hi Guys ,my Old Motorola Bag Phone Dies Next Month Because It Is Is Analog. I Have Been Looking Into The New Motorola M800 Bag Phone That Is Stated To Transmits 3x Than Normal Cell Phones. The Watts At 2 Compared To .6 For Regular Cell Phone. The Old Bag Phone Has Been Great ,just Obsolete. My Question Is.there Are Two Different M800 Phones ,one With Cdma ,and One With Gsm And Sim Card,whats The Difference ?thanks
    I had the same problem. I went to Frigid North and got a signal amplifier that connects to the roof antenna and lets me use my every day little flip phone. The cost was a little less than the new bag phone and the transmit power is higher. It works like a charm. Better than my old analog phone ever worked, in fact.

cdma vs gsm

These are two types of digital technolgy. It depends on your cell phone provider as to qhich one you have. CellOne and ATT use gsm. Copper Valley Wireless uses cdma. Cdma is being phased out over a lot of the country but copper valley just "upgraded" to cdma from analog. Call your cell phone providor to ask which one to use.