Thread: Outhouse or Composting toilet maintenance

Default Outhouse or Composting toilet maintenance

Looking into some enzyme type assistance to help get my composting toilet to work better. Have been using this type for two years but just can't keep up with buildup. Looking into worms or other critters to help break down the matter. I do not use during the winter so weather not so much an issue. What do you other Alaskans doing?

I have a small lodge so the system handles 8-10 people for a week at a time. Thanks for the help; this area of the forum is awesome as the rest of this site is.

George

Call Garness and ask them about "Super Bugs". It works wonders in my outhouse.

Garness Industrial Inc.
    6317 Nielson Wy
    Anchorage
    AK
    USA
    + 907 562-2933

Default Composing Toilet Dist

I am a Distributor for a Company out of CN. If you PM me maybe I can stir you in the right direction.

1. What make of system do you have?

2. Self-Contained or Central

3. What has been your maintenance program up until you started having issues?

PM me and if necessary we can email Bill

Quote Originally Posted by George Riddle View Post
    Looking into some enzyme type assistance to help get my composting toilet to work better. Have been using this type for two years but just can't keep up with buildup. Looking into worms or other critters to help break down the matter. I do not use during the winter so weather not so much an issue. What do you other Alaskans doing?

I have a small lodge so the system handles 8-10 people for a week at a time. Thanks for the help; this area of the forum is awesome as the rest of this site is.

George