Thread: Seat for a scanoe

Default Seat for a scanoe

I have an older scanoe (late 90's) and I've been putting the kids on the floor with some plastic stadium chairs, while secure and comfortable they get wet quickly and I am concerned about fingers getting stuck in the ribbing. Does anybody have an old wrecked canoe with a drop down style seat they are willing to part with (Not the whole canoe just the seat)? I beleive that the width at the center is 38", but can try to make something work if given a shorter seat. Willing to give up some bucks for part or shipping, but still reasonable. Eagle River.

Default Makem' suffer...

Just kidding,

If you can't find what you want, get some 3/4" galvanized conduit, bend it to the shape you need and screw a plywood board to it. If you need some support going to the bottom of the canoe use some 2/4 pieces screwed into the plywood.

Chris

They've been doing that for a few years already! I have a few ideas like yours but was hoping to stumble on something I could modify and a little more solid.

Default sportsman warehouse

I saw a canoe seat that they had to make a extra seat, It suspended across the gunwales and could be adjusted for height.
    you could easily make one if you just take a minute to look at the design they had there. the seat is located upstairs in the canoe loft, just to the right of the little office up there.

Max

Default Check this out...

Here is a web site they build all kinds of stuff for canoes.
    http://www.canoegear.com/catalog/pro...4&cat=0&page=1
    I bought a set of outriggers for my canoe from them. Good quality stuff. Its worth a look.

Alaskan100

Thanks guys...I'll hit the house this weekend...the design in the canoe gear web site may have to be special order as the Scanoe has a wider girth than an old town or other canoe due to the ribbing and support.