Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tackle rental?

Default Tackle rental?

Do you folks know anywhere in Anchorage where I can rent fishing tackle and maybe some hip waders?

Default Tackle Rental

The only place I know of is the MWR on Elmendorf, but of course you have to be military.

I guess an old AF DD214, won't get me on base or any bennies! LOL! Those were the days. My RV rental place said that Sportsmans Warehouse rents equipment, but that would be the first SW that I ever heard of that did. I'm just trying to make the packing for travel light. I guess I'll buy up there if I have to.

Thanks for the reply!

hip boots are cheap buy them up here. Tackle, hmmmm depends on what our fishing for but as far as rentals not alot here in anchor town.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Fred Meyers for the hip boots

Yeah, boots are cheap for a short trip.
    How long are you going to be here? I probably have a rod or two in the garage that I could loan you. I'll make you a deal, I supply the rods and you buy all the terminal gear. When you leave you give me everything you won't use back home.
    You can keep the boots.
    Last edited by bullbuster; 02-07-2008 at 19:41. Reason: Not finished writing
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Quote Originally Posted by bullbuster View Post
    Yeah, boots are cheap for a short trip.
    How long are you going to be here? I probably have a rod or two in the garage that I could loan you. I'll make you a deal, I supply the rods and you buy all the terminal gear. When you leave you give me everything you won't use back home.
    You can keep the boots.
    Holy Smokes, BullBuster! My wife just called me at work and told me about your gracious offer! I've heard that the people of Alaska are some of the nicest people you'd ever meat, but Wow!

We'll be in Anchorage on the 25th of June and leaving on the 30th. If this is convenient for you, I'd be terribly indebted to you. If not, I surely understand.

We have reservations for two nights on the Russian and we're planning on a Homer Halibut charter for the 3rd day. Who knows for the next two, but I'm hoping to bring back a boatload of Salmon and Halibut. If I was smart, I'd have set our reservations for early to mid July, but our plans are set in stone. It looks like the day's we'll be Salmon fishng will be mostly during the King run, with a little bit of a Red run if I read the run schedules right. My wife is 5' tall and all of 100# so watching her land a King ought to be fun. I'm hoping to find the Reds instead, but I'll be happy just wetting a line either way.

Once again, I'm humbled by your kindness. Thank you very much!

sent you a pm john.

I can hel;p you out to along with bull and thanks for stepping up to the plate bull.
    Last edited by alaskachuck; 02-07-2008 at 20:14. Reason: more stuff

Down town Anchorage there is a store you can rent fishing rods and wader. Also there is another place next to Ship Creek that rents rods.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    sent you a pm john.

I can hel;p you out to along with bull and thanks for stepping up to the plate bull.
    Thanks for the PM. PM sent back and I tried to call, but I got your voicemail. I hope I didn't call too late and wake anyone. I'm looking forward to our conversation!

Default AK persons...

They are about the best I've met and worked with, anywhere.

Every time I make the journey from the Lower 48, they continue to surprise and impress me with their warmth and generosity...

http://www.alaskanauthor.com

doesn't 3 rivers rent gear?
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Wink Nothing to be humbled about.

Once again, I'm humbled by your kindness. Thank you very much![/quote]

It is certainly my pleasure. Those dates are good for me. Call me at 907-351-9695 anytime. Matter of fact, call me a week prior to make sure everything is in good order and we can make a meeting plan.

Alaskachuck, thanks for the backup, filed in my short but terrible memory! LOL!

If we just pass these kinds of favors on to the next guy we will all have more fun!
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Quote Originally Posted by bullbuster View Post
    Once again, I'm humbled by your kindness. Thank you very much!
    It is certainly my pleasure. Those dates are good for me. Call me at 907-351-9695 anytime. Matter of fact, call me a week prior to make sure everything is in good order and we can make a meeting plan.

Alaskachuck, thanks for the backup, filed in my short but terrible memory! LOL!

If we just pass these kinds of favors on to the next guy we will all have more fun![/quote]

Kevin,

It was great speaking with you over the phone. Way to hook a brother up!!! I'm looking forward to meeting you in person and getting the skinny on what to anticipate fishing wise!

You're one awesome dude!

If they don't have waders to fit your 5' wife, my daughters have pairs and one is 5' and the other is 5'2"

Awe c'mon. Are people really this nice? You guys really blow me away! We're thousands of miles away and I feel as if we're next door neighbors.

Default nice chat

Sorry it was so short as i was at work. I will call you sunday around 11 am your time if that is ok. Being blonde i deleted your number from my call list for some stupid reason. Shoot me a pm with it if you dont mind. You will enjoy your RV with the wife and thanks for the offer to tag along. I do have my camper as well as my cataraft so I am set. I will discuss some areas and things that can help your trip out alot. Im going to be on the peninsula like I said when you are and I might have a nice camp sight i can share with you and the misses. The wife and I love to meet new friends and share stories and pics of our great state. My wife is a fishing fool as bad as i am. Either way we can figure it out over the next few weeks and for sure plan on meeting and having a beverage of choice for sure. my campfire is always open.
    chuck and june

Oh and my phone died last night had to recharge it sorry

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Sorry it was so short as i was at work. I will call you sunday around 11 am your time if that is ok. Being blonde i deleted your number from my call list for some stupid reason. Shoot me a pm with it if you dont mind. You will enjoy your RV with the wife and thanks for the offer to tag along. I do have my camper as well as my cataraft so I am set. I will discuss some areas and things that can help your trip out alot. Im going to be on the peninsula like I said when you are and I might have a nice camp sight i can share with you and the misses. The wife and I love to meet new friends and share stories and pics of our great state. My wife is a fishing fool as bad as i am. Either way we can figure it out over the next few weeks and for sure plan on meeting and having a beverage of choice for sure. my campfire is always open.
    chuck and june

Oh and my phone died last night had to recharge it sorry
    Thanks for calling and I'm looking forward to tomorrows call!

PM Sent!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill S. View Post
    If they don't have waders to fit your 5' wife, my daughters have pairs and one is 5' and the other is 5'2"

If those 2 don't work, drop me a PM, I too have a hobbit sized wife <grin> and her chestwaders and wading boots are up for loan-out during that time frame as well.............

As to renting tackle/gear, if you are headed to the Kenai Pen. the last time I checked The Kenai Cache (next to Gwinns) rented everything you would need.
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Default Kenai Cache

Good call I forgot they rent and the owner is a retired army officer. Nice guy. Fished next to him a few times last year and I love their coho flies. Big bushy and great colors and great prices on all thier gear.

Awesome conversation tonight! Small world eh? Canyon Lake... Apache Junction? It's amazing how much we have in common! I'm so looking forward to our trip. Spending our days with new found friends only makes it that much better!

Talk to you soon and tell the Mrs. Wendy says "Hi"!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast