Thread: I drew east fork eaclutna goats, is that draw any good?

Default I drew east fork eaclutna goats, is that draw any good?

just curious, any goats in the east fork eklutna? where is that at?
    dg852 I think its called?

Default East Fork Eklutna

Matt,
    I drew the East Fork tag for sheep last year, although I was not in there long because of an injury to my hunting partner, all I saw were goats. Should be a good hunt.

Default Location

Eklutna lake is located between palmer and eagle river. east eklutna is on the east fork of the eklutna river.

I drew 2 years ago,great hunt....you should not have any problem finding goats,its the next closest thing to a silver platter.....good luck.....

You drew a tag and you don't even know where "EKLUTNA" is? .... HHMMMMMMM, Nope not a good play at all, just send the tag to me and I will take care of it for you!

One should be doing his research "BEFORE" one puts in for a tag, like, what area I am putting in for?

Good luck, great place and good goats.

My daughter drew a ewe sheep tag there a few years ago when they still split the drawing by sex of the sheep. All we saw were two rams and a whole bunch of goats up on top. Be ready to climb some but that's any goat hunt. It'll be great. You can access the hunt area by 4 wheeler on only certain days, I believe its Sunday to Wed but I'd check with the park rangers out there. there's a camp ground back there also.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    You drew a tag and you don't even know where "EKLUTNA" is? .... HHMMMMMMM, Nope not a good play at all, just send the tag to me and I will take care of it for you!

One should be doing his research "BEFORE" one puts in for a tag, like, what area I am putting in for?

That could be a lot of work carrying that tag, I better help out as well.

Default Eklutna

Matt-I'm following you. First post, bragging about your draw. Nice. Have fun in there.

Quote Originally Posted by jkb View Post
    That could be a lot of work carrying that tag, I better help out as well.

Since I drew a tag for goat out of homer, I will be willing to split this one with you 50/50! After all, this tag is 10 minutes from my house!

Haha! Nice one matt! You reeled in a couple anyway. I agree, pretty gutsy for a first post. Some of the guys around here will rip your head off for less. Good Luck!

it was just a goat tag, not DCUA or Tok or a sheep tag, that'd have got him railed for sure.
    Check the gazetteere for eklutna, theirs a index in the back that lists everything alphabeticly, check under the E's. and have a riot, goats are tons of fun to hunt!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post

I was hoping someone would chine in on this and I agree 100% with you. Why do people put in for tags and know nothing about the area or what type of hunt it is??

Default didnt get my goat

Matt that post was good. Nice joke!