Thread: hs precision, who owns one?

Default hs precision, who owns one?

who has one and how do you like it. I tried to search the forums and didn't have much luck.

thanks, gary

Are you asking about an HS Precision stock? If so, I own one.

i own a HS stock. it's a great stock, but heavy.

complete rifle including action, barrel and stock.
    thanks

If your in Maryland then you should look at a Basner rifle, theyr'e manufactured right in Pennsylvania, and priced compable to the HS precision...If you want it for sheep hunting, check out their ultimate ovis rifle.

Default hs precision

hi,
    i'm new to the forum,but i do own 2 hs precision rifles,and they are everything that is advertised.
    both my 300 win sporter light and 270 wsm sporter will shoot 1|2 " groups or better.they are weather proof,and they function.everytime you open the bolt an empty pops out,and when you close the bolt there is a round in the chamber.this is as important as the 1/2"group.i don't think there is anything in that price range $2500.00 in canuckistan that can beat it.

Default Nosler

My Nosler Model 48 Custom in the 270WSM would put it to shame.......CK

A friend of mine from Montana brought up his HS Precision in 270WSM and his Ed Brown Damara in 7mm STW, I would say he's a good shot but he wasn't shooting the Sub MOA groups I was...plus my rifle was 5 oz.lighter.

Guess thats why it was Field & Streams "best of the best " and Gun of the Year (2007)...for $2500 you might want to consider it.

Any of the big names, Nosler, HS-Precision, Dan Brown, ect will shoot about the same.

Its all about the shooter. A good shooter will never realize the potential to a 2.5-3K rifle. Where as a great shooter, will beat him, with just a decent rifle.

Default HS Precision

I ordered mine the middle of December last year. It will be ready on or before 02 July 08. I looked at several rifles including the Nosler rifle and for me the HS was better handling and also more pleasant to look at. I agree that the Nosler is a great rifle, but for someone to go online and say how theres will but an HS to shame is nothing far from amusing! If you look at Nosler, I believe you will see that they use various manufactures for the rifle, example the stock. The HS is completely made from the "ground up" from one shop. Does this make it a better rifle? No, not really, but it is nice to know that it is "their product" they sell is being made 100% by them. 2 more things that turned me away from the Nosler is they offer a 3/4" guarantee and HS offers 1/2". No, it is not much but when your paying over 2K for a rifle....also, I wanted a .300 WSM. Nosler makes it, but funny thing, they dont make the brass. I e-mailed them and asked why and the response I got was "there is so much time in the day".

I am not bashing the Nosler, just stating why I bought the HS. Any ways, I bought the HS Precision, Sporter fluted bbl, 300 WSM, Olive/Black stock, Talley rings, and a LimbSaver pad. I paid $2,429.84. I am in the Air Force and recieved a 15% military discount. I believe HS also does this for Law Enforcement too. If you call them, ask for Don. He was very friendly and ask him about the discount.

Default Gun of the year

Field and Stream gave Rivers West the glory of raingear of the year. Do a search on Rivers West and see what Alaskans think about THAT product. I own the Lakota Jacket. If you would like to know my opinion, just ask. I am sure it is what everyone else said too. Funny thing about being named _____ of the year is, sometimes look to see how much advertising dollars is spent w/ Field and Stream. Have you ever seen an HS Precision ad?

I appreciate all comments however I tend to skip over the negative outbursts.

I am looking for a really good rifle that will last. I don't consider myself a great shot mainly because I started bowhunting in my early 20's and didn't shoot a gun for about 16 years. That being said I have never missed a live animal (never took a marginal shot either) or had to follow up with a second shot with the rifle. So...I am hoping to get the most accurate rifle I can for me and the game I persue. I had ordered a cooper rifle due to their accuracy not realizing the action was not stainless so I had to cancel it. I am selling a few rifles to finance this rifle and want to get something a little nicer but I know I can get it done with a standard remington or ruger.

The HS so far seems like the best thing I have looked at. I did find a dealer in VA that builds rifles with trued 700 stainless actions with HS stock and Barrell which I think also is a nice rifle that is worth looking at.

I hope to be living in AK in about 4 years from June 08 so whatever I get in a rifle needs to be adequate for AK hunting.

Again, thanks for the comments and the HS is at the top of the list right now.

Gary

Cool! I am Air Force too! However have I seen the ad on HS? I held one, fired one...went right to the Nosler. Now Basner makes a sweeeeet rifle! I just can't justify $5000-$6000 even if I had that kind of coin....CK

Default NULA + DGR Rifle + Optics + Gear

With your timeline getting here, I probably would purchase a New Ultra Light Arms Rifle set up for Sheep, caribou, Goat hunting in 7mm08, 3006 or 280.

I would then get a good controlled Round Feed Brown Bear/Moose Rifle in 338, 375 or 416 Rem.

I would finally spend more time on getting set up with good optics and gear which is more expensive than the custom rifles above.

I would make sure you can shoot well at all distances with the stuff above and get into reloading. We may not be able to buy ammo easily in the future with the regime change.

Good Luck

Sincerely,

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by kaboku68 View Post
    With your timeline getting here, I probably would purchase a New Ultra Light Arms Rifle set up for Sheep, caribou, Goat hunting in 7mm08, 3006 or 280.

I would then get a good controlled Round Feed Brown Bear/Moose Rifle in 338, 375 or 416 Rem.

I would finally spend more time on getting set up with good optics and gear which is more expensive than the custom rifles above.

I would make sure you can shoot well at all distances with the stuff above and get into reloading. We may not be able to buy ammo easily in the future with the regime change.

Good Luck

Sincerely,

Thomas
    Thanks for the advise. I do have a nice set of Swarovski Binos but I do need a spotting scope. I have a couple leupold and swarovski scopes that will do fine for sheep and goats but deffinately need something with less power for bears and moose.

The rest of the gear, tents, packs etc. I think i will get after moving to see what the experienced hunters are using.

reloading is also on my list for several reasons of which you listed one already .

Thanks, gary