Thread: Looking for help on Brown bear

Default Looking for help on Brown bear

Since I was a kid I have always wanted to kill a brown bear. Every time I thought that I would have enough scratch to book a hunt prices really jumped and kicked me back down. Its gotten to the point where I can pretty much say that Kodiak and the Penninsula are just not in the cards for me . I've seen pricing from 15k to 19+ . Does anyone know of any respectable guides that are closer to a working guys budget and still in a decent area.I don't need a 10 ft bear but I'm not gonna shoot a dink just to say I did it. I've been hunting DIY for moose and bou up there for half a decade and have good gear and will bring it and my own food if that is what it takes to get it done. Anyone have any referals they would care to share? I understand if you don't want to post it publically ,pm me if so. Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Default Brown Bear

If your ultimate goal is a brown/grizzly and you can't justify the cost to hunt Alaska Browns/Grizzly as an out of state resident, then I would spend some time researching outfits in Canada. I just did a quick search and saw some guides offering trips around $8K. Or you can move to Alaska.

Check out Todd Walton-Google up "Alaska Big Game Safaris" for contact info and more info on his hunts, nice web site.

Default Brown Bear Hunt

Quote Originally Posted by wildone View Post
    Since I was a kid I have always wanted to kill a brown bear. Every time I thought that I would have enough scratch to book a hunt prices really jumped and kicked me back down. Its gotten to the point where I can pretty much say that Kodiak and the Penninsula are just not in the cards for me . I've seen pricing from 15k to 19+ . Does anyone know of any respectable guides that are closer to a working guys budget and still in a decent area.I don't need a 10 ft bear but I'm not gonna shoot a dink just to say I did it. I've been hunting DIY for moose and bou up there for half a decade and have good gear and will bring it and my own food if that is what it takes to get it done. Anyone have any referals they would care to share? I understand if you don't want to post it publically ,pm me if so. Thanks for any help you guys can offer.
    Got a PM headed your way-

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default cheaper brown bear..

brother-in-law works...any good looking sisters?

Here you go! Jake Jefferson is not only a great bear guide that has recieved great reviews from his clients, but he's just a great guy. His rates are far more reasonable than many grizzly hunts, as he does everything himself and doesn't have to pay assistant guides, packers, or anyone else of the sort. You'll get personal attention and a guide that will do everything in his power to take you on the hunt you've been dreaming of all these years.

oh great Brian, now i've gotta up my standards....lol
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Wink

Always room for improvement Brwnbr, always room! grin

Default Brown Bear

Look up Willow Air and give them a call, they have a few options that may fit your budget.

Default Ak guide

I don't know what kind of money he asks but Joe Want out of Fairbanks is top notch tough old bird .

A public thank you to those that have contacted me, you know who you are.

Fnd I have seen the willow air thing and spoken to the guy at one of the sportsman shows , it is a great price. Trouble is he needs 2 guys for the trip and I don't have anyone interested in going.

Quote Originally Posted by wildone View Post
    Trouble is he needs 2 guys for the trip and I don't have anyone interested in going.
    That's not true!
    "The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt

I am surprised Willow Air is cheap. Maybe it is just me but I was going to use them just as transportation up here for a moose hunt and they were way higher than others I found to fly me out.

There is a few guides up here that have bear problems in their moose areas and would do a cheaper bear hunt. I actually know of one that calls all his buddies up that live here and say come get em boys.

Snoop around some you will find someone if Jake didn't hook you up yet.