Thread: Marlin XLR heads up

Default Marlin XLR heads up

In case anyone is looking for one, I found an almost new Marlin XLR 1895 in 45-70 for $550 plus shipping. I would buy it but the wife already bought one for me for my birthday. Here's the link: http://forums.accuratereloading.com/...43/m/346107018

Default 24" barrel

I haven't priced one, but that seems like a good deal as the s/s guide guns are $650 & up. Does the 45/70 XLR have a 24" barrel like the .444? Good lookin' gun.

Tim

Wal Mart in Eagle River had one on sale a month ago in the store for $549 or $529. It may still be there.
    Tennessee

Now that is a deal! Mine is currently at Precison Arms getting cropped to 18.5" I'll post pix when it is done.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Wal Mart in Eagle River had one on sale a month ago in the store for $549 or $529. It may still be there.
    That was a blued guide gun, they didn't have any XLR's when I checked last week but can order them. My wife got my XLR from Boondocks for a liitle more than the price of a SS guide gun.

AK45: Does the 45/70 XLR have the 24" barrel like the .444? For $550 + shipping that may be hard to beat.

Tim

Had a brain-fart. I used my savvy internet skills and went to the Marlin website, it is a 24" barrel.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    That was a blued guide gun, they didn't have any XLR's when I checked last week but can order them. My wife got my XLR from Boondocks for a liitle more than the price of a SS guide gun.
    I held it in my hands. It was an XLR in 45-70 exactly like the own I already own (Which I bought from Boondocks last year). Stainless with the laminated stock. And like I said, it was about a month ago.
    Tennessee

Then it's sold, I was there last week and they didn't have any XLR's in stock. Someone screwed the pooch pricing that rifle then, I haven't seen it anywhere for under $699.

Everything has gone up! Midtown Walmart had a stainless guide gun for $550 around xmass time, now they are $650! .444 XLR was under $650 and they are now $700.

I'd like to find a deal on an XLR like the one posted here with the link to accuratereloading. I have issues with buying online from someone I don't know through a swap/sell forum that I haven't ever been to! I'm hoping to make a purchase around March as I want to canvas the city and go to the spring gun shows. This 45/70 seems like a heck of a deal though.

BTW: I have seen firearms priced incorrectly at Freds before. They had guns on sale and they were running a 10% coupon at the same time (they don't allow you to buy guns with the 10% off any more). The sale was over and the tags were not removed-there were some good deals there!

Tim

About a month ago they had a SS GG in 45-70 for $519.00 and the blued version was selling for $549.00, that shouldn't happen. Tim, I have bought many items over the internet from several other forums without a hiccup. The fellow selling this XLR has been with AR for quite some time and has sold a few items there as well. You can usually tell by their post or how long they've been with a particular forum if they are trustworthy or not, BUT, stuff does happen.