Thread: Glacier Craft Fuel Economy?

Default Glacier Craft Fuel Economy?

Alright you GC owners, I am curious about the power options you picked and what the fuel economy and performance is like.

Any info is appreciated.
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by DMan View Post
    Alright you GC owners, I am curious about the power options you picked and what the fuel economy and performance is like.

Any info is appreciated.
    Mine has not seen the water yet, but I have been talking with a couple of other GC owners. One is a 29x10 with F225's and the other is a very heavy 31x10.5 with F250's. The 29 is getting 1.5 mpg at cruise while the big brother is getting about 1.3 at cruise. This is at a 30mph+/- cruise. I think they could do better if they experimented with different props. Both are running yamaha SWS II 15.25x19 props. They are a very smooth running hull. Mine is also the 29x10 (actually 30' when I measured it). I will be powering with F250's. I expect to get between 1.5 and 2.0 mpg with the correct prop at cruise. We will see once spring gets here.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Thumbs up 25' and 26' Coho

The feedback I have recieved from several of the 25' and 26' Coho owners is as follows; 30mph 5gph each motor with a total of 10gph. they are running the yamaha 115hp outboards with standard aluminum 17-19 pitch props.

Default More information please.

I am looking at the 27'. what motors are you using and what is the fuel burn on that boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Glaciercraft View Post
    The feedback I have recieved from several of the 25' and 26' Coho owners is as follows; 30mph 5gph each motor with a total of 10gph. they are running the yamaha 115hp outboards with standard aluminum 17-19 pitch props.