Thread: canopy for back of boat

Default canopy for back of boat

I have seen two types of canopies one is the snap on and the second is the one with a rail tracks on the port and starboard side and then you slide the canopy to the stern. My question who sales the one with the tracks?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default West marine

To be honest with ya, I have no idea what your talking about, but west marine sells a variety of bimini tops.

www.westmarine.com

Mabey a little help..

Chris

Check with the upholstery shops. Spenard Upholstery did ours, but I think Tom retired so some Yellow Page phone calls should get you some answers. You are welcome to check out our top. I live in Anchortown and will be back from Whittier by Sunday.

I remember seeing the upholstery shop at Merril Field putting a top on C-dory 22, though I'm not sure how it attached.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Stout
    To be honest with ya, I have no idea what your talking about, but west marine sells a variety of bimini tops.

www.westmarine.com

Mabey a little help..

Chris
    It a CANOPY THAT IS ON A TRACK. jUST SLIDE IT TO THE STERN AND IT UP. NO SNAPPING. tHE SIDES ARE OPEN IT JUST COVERS THE TOP.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Thumbs up boat canopy

Gary,

Give Doug Dixon at fine line interior a call: 907-349-4442
    311 E 77th Ave. He did some work for me on the old hewescraft. He is a life long Alaskan and his work is top shelf, but it will cost you.

Pete

Default Jim's Upholstery

Jim's is in the valley, behind the Thunderjet dealer. His work is guaranteed, he does it himself, and he's reasonable. He built an awesome cover for my jetboat, plus it was done quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail
    Jim's is in the valley, behind the Thunderjet dealer. His work is guaranteed, he does it himself, and he's reasonable. He built an awesome cover for my jetboat, plus it was done quickly.
    Thanks, I'll
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Telephone??

Do you have a contact number for Jim?

JP

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    God's Speed!
    John Paff
    http://www.americanshootist.com

Alaska Grey I have a 26 ft Hewescraft Pacific Cruiser and just had the top added this spring by Buster's. It has the slide rails like you are talking about. I don't have the pictures on this computer but when I get back after the weekend I can post some for you to take a look or you are more then welcome to swing by the house and take a look for yourself and see how it functions. Buster's did an excellent job and really like the top.

Default Cabela's

AkGrey,
    Cabelas sells bimini tops and the track system as well. I recently put one on our ocean boat and mounted the track on the side of the boat. Total cost for was around $350-. It's practical but not as good as a custom shop would do.
    When not in use, the whole outfit slides forward to meet the back of the cabin and is out of the way.
    Hope this helps,
    BK

Thumbs up Silver Streak behind West Marine

Silver Streak Boats does bimini stuff, aluminum fabrication, and makes boats. They can build a boat and anything you can put on a boat! They do radar arches, dinghy racks, rocket launchers, the list goes on and on! All boat shops in Alaska that are good should be busy, these guys only produce perfect quality stuff or they don't deal with it! Their canvas stuff is incredible, what they did for me is more than I could have imagined, and I actually thought up the idea first!!!

Silver Streak

+1

there is also nomar down here in homer

Default Silver Streak

Silver Streak has my vote, they did a nice job on a canopy for my 22ft Sea Runner.