Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fairbanks area bow shop

Default Fairbanks area bow shop

So, I thought I would go ahead and take a chance on Sportsmans Warehouse in Fairbanks. I dropped off my '05 Pearson Dagger for a new string and cable. Great results. I am very pleased.

Before anything was done, Paul measured and recorded brace height, tiller, axle to axle, peep, loop, cam, etc... It was late in the day, so we quit there until he could email/call the manufacturer to verify string and cable lenghts. Paul let me know that he wouldn't touch the bow again until next Tuesday. Not a problem, you gotta like honesty. I came back Tuesday evening and he was finishing up the string leaches and peep sight. We spent about 30 minutes or so shooting the bow, getting the peep adjusted, and tuning.

I still need to break in the string, but I can already see that I got a professional job. I hope this report helps some of you find a place to get your bow work done

right on! I'm not sure which one is which without digging out my card and info, but one of the guys dad was a professional bowyer at one point in time. Hard to beat experience and good customer service!

Default Bow pro shop

Kings Knock Archery is a locally owned pro shop and every time I go there I get great results.

Default they use too have good service

Back when matt, craig and chad all worked there that was service. They hav a older fellow there and i have got nothing but horrible service from him been there for 2hrs to get two arrows cut. Not the quickest but i was at sportsmans so i looked around anyway a good excuse to stay longer!

Default Chad?

Are you saying Chad doesn't work there anymore? That's the only guy I deal with!! The guys in North Pole are great just no range. "Anywhere else in town" has not been a good experience. What do i do now???

Default chad

he moved back home to texas. now that old guy is always there if you want to spend alot of time there deal with him.

Kings Knock!,,, Not me. That guy is competent, but lets just say he is at best personality challenged. Id really like to elaborate further but I dont want to slam the guy on the forum. The guy at north pole archery will even open up for you if your in from out of town. He is work is also top notch.

Default I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Jim in Delta View Post
    Kings Knock!,,, Not me. That guy is competent, but lets just say he is at best personality challenged. Id really like to elaborate further but I dont want to slam the guy on the forum. The guy at north pole archery will even open up for you if your in from out of town. He is work is also top notch.
    Exactly! I can't stay within forum etiquet either but the experience seems to be the same. The guy at North Pole really REALLY needs a range.

Default give it up

I would rather give up Archery than go back into a currently operating "pro" shop in Fairbanks. I am willing to try Sportsmans or Northpole, and if needed would travel to Anchorage where I hear several shops really do care about providing professional services to their customers.

Default Sportsmans Warehouse

I was just into sportsman's this weekend and I agree that they are the place to go in Fairbanks. Thomas from Kings knock is a different cookie. Their is a reason for them going under.

Default Dito

I agree with the comments on kings knock, not what a small business personality should be in my opinion. What a shame chad has left us, he was my go-to-guy at sportsmans. North pole is a good one.
    Bob

Become one with Nature......... Then Marinade it.

dont count your chickens on north pole either. Dont get me wrong I like Bill and Connie. They did have a great shop at one time.

There is someone I'd consider working on my bow in this town. Well really two. If you dont mind a crotchty ole fart, or someone who doesnt have the time or seems to be desire to work on them anymore.

Good thing I can work on my own. she's broke, or she aint and strings are an easy fix

Your Right Chad and his dad moved to Texas again. Unfortunatly I missed meeting another giant in the industry.

Bill and Connie in North Pole will continue to have my business. I started with them 10 years ago or so and they have always gone out of their way to make sure I was satisfied. I havent been to Kings nock, but I havent heard anything good either. Sportsman's is convenient, but I would rather support the smaller guy when I have the chance.

Lets just hope chad and his dad mike start making trad bows again. Ive been wainting in line a while. Before I moved North Pole said they were trying to find retail space that was big enough for a range.

I'm with ya there KK on Chad and his Dad!

Tradbow, I have there info in TX if ya need it.

KK,

I'd love to have it if they dont mind. Chad gave me his home phone up here before they left. I guess I didnt realize they were leaving right away shew.

our email is dawn-dan@gci.net

Thanks
    Dan

Dan, I will dig it up when I get home.

Thank you sir!

Thumbs down Kings Nock

Local business great--at least that is what I thought. I have never been or felt ripped off but customer service===BAD VERY VERY BAD. They should just build a slot send stuff in and finish out as there are those that should not interact with people since it will equate to long term losses and possible closing of a bow shop that is needed.

that is all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast