Thread: Like the Skidoo Skandic Tundra Lt?

Question Like the Skidoo Skandic Tundra Lt?

I have been researching and think I'd like a Skidoo Skandic Tundra LT. Can people sound off as to likes dislikes? They seem hard to find from dearlers. Just looking for a do everything but just out to enjoy the outdoors machine. Must have long track though.

Sobie2

Default tundra long track

I got an 08 in the fall and like it so far, it is a bit tippy in the deep stuff but once you learn how to throw your weight around you'll be ok. I got the 550F and it starts even at -30 and can pull quite a load too, all the power I need. So far my only complaint would be the pushbutton reverse but I can live with it and if your breaking trail in deep powder put a piece of pantyhose over the intake filter otherwise it'll get clogged up with snow.

What don't you like about the push button reverse?

Mine doesn't like reverse until it's warmed up.

Default reverse

ditto with upstream and if you bump it it kills the engine............

Default About the same

I have about he same experiences. Great machine but deep snow it is a bit tippy. I ride on my knee to see better so my center of gravity is a bit high. I do not choke mine, just priming it is fine. I also bolted a 1/4" piece of plastic under the bottom as a skid plate going over logs. I use mine a lot for firewood and it handles it well.

Other plus is that the National Guard uses the same machine. So the skematics are on the AKMining web page.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    I also bolted a 1/4" piece of plastic under the bottom as a skid plate going over logs. I use mine a lot for firewood and it handles it well.
    I'm fixin' to "up armor" mine too. I kissed a rock last weekend and it peeled the corner of the OEM accessory skid back a smidge.