Thread: Eagle River Nature Center Sno-Go access?

Default Eagle River Nature Center Sno-Go access?

According to the Chugach park rules, you should be able to trailer your sled into the ERNC. However, the gate seems like it's always locked. Anyone know what's up?

Default Eagle River

That is funny that you ask this question, because I was going to ask some questions about that area. I don't know about the access at the Eagle River Nature Center.

I was back there last weekend and saw the access at mile 7.4. Does anyone know where this goes? The website says it is open to the river and gravel bars. Is it mainly a river run or does it open into other areas when there is more snow? It sure would be convienent since it is pretty close to where I live.

Default nature center

i'm not totally sure but i don't think u can use sleds at the visitor center i believe it is foot access only. although u can ride the north fork of eagle river. i believe it is mile 7.5 of eagle river road. i'm not sure if it is open or not this year. but i have never heard of people riding at the visitor center and i have lived in ER my whole life. might be worth call to parks and rec.

Quote Originally Posted by arctic-moose View Post
    That is funny that you ask this question, because I was going to ask some questions about that area. I don't know about the access at the Eagle River Nature Center.

I was back there last weekend and saw the access at mile 7.4. Does anyone know where this goes? The website says it is open to the river and gravel bars. Is it mainly a river run or does it open into other areas when there is more snow? It sure would be convienent since it is pretty close to where I live.
    You have to stay on the river and gravel bars to be legal. You can go down to the bridge by the Glenn, but watch for holes. You can go upstream as far as the yurt by the river, and there is a sign that says "no further." You have to pay $5.00 to park at the boat launch.

Here is a link:http://www.dnr.state.ak.us/parks/uni...h/snowmach.htm

Note that is says you can put in at ERNC.