Thread: Arctic Oven Tent Discount

Default Arctic Oven Tent Discount

Looking to buy an Arctic Oven tent. I live in Fairbanks and have been told that the 10% discount is only offered in Anchorage when 2 or more people buy. I want to try and organize a group buy. I will be in Anchorage Feb 9-10 and Feb 23-25. Please let me know if someone wants to buy one together while I am in Anchorage. As soon as I get names etc I will call the store, unless someone already has one in the plans.
    Thanks

Try Snowwolfe. He was looking to do the same thing about a month ago. If I'm correct, he had just sold his to buy a bigger one and wanted find someone to get the 10% discount from Alaska Tent and Tarp by buying 2 at the same time. You might give him a PM.
    "The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt

Default SnowWolf

I have already PM'd him and well as a couple of others before I posted this thread. He told me to post this thread....haven't had a taker yet.
    Thanks

Well, I would of joined in but myself and another forum member hooked up in Dec and we both ordered Artica's. We each saved $175 by ordering them together.
    Hope you find another to go with you. These tents are awesome.
    Tennessee

snowwolfe, is the Artica's the same thing as the Arctic Oven? I searched their website and saw nothing about the Artica. Thanks.

The Arktika is just one of the models of Arctic Ovens.
    It is hex shaped and larger than the 10x10
    http://www.alaskatent.com/products/t...ven_prices.htm
    Three or four can sleep in it. Three easily, four crowded.
    I mispelled the name, sorry.
    Tennessee

Got it, thanks!

Default arctic oven for sale

I have a 8x8 green arctic oven for sale. It has been used twice. It has a 3 in. stove pipe opening. Asking $975. I live in Ninilchik but will be going to Anch on the 12 and 13. and the 18th.

Default 8X8

Thanks Richmatt,
    But I think I will have to pass. I am looking for a 10X10 and the dates you are in Anchorage don't co-encide with mine. I am sure someone will pick it up :-)

How come they wont do that deal in the fairbanks shop?

Default AO discount

Who knows why. I have pondered the same thing and asked them at the store up here why? They are the same company, the store in Fairbanks has never heard up such a discount. It is strange. Maybe if there was a group of us up here that wanted to buy we could change their minds/make a proposal?

Curioisty got to me....Just got off the phone with the Fairbanks store. They do not offer 10% on their stock tents. If we custom ordered something....something that is different from their stock items, they offer 10% off. They do this to save fabric costs and time costs down. It is easier for them to make 3 of the same than 1 custom order. I think anchorage does the same thing. Correct me if I am wrong!

Default Tent discount

I was told the Anchorage store gives a discount for even stock as long as it is 2 or more people buying at once.

I purchased an Arctic Oven with Snowwolfe and received the 10% discount. His was a special order, but mine was in stock. Snowwolfe did all of the leg work to set our deal up so I don't know all of the particulars or limitations that they have, but they didn't have any trouble with me buying a tent out of their stock. Thanks again Snowwolfe!

Corn..

Was that the Fairbanks shop or anchorage?

Anchorage store.

Just got the AO10 group buy with polaristracker...In the Fairbanks store. In order for it to happen...Has to be the exact same tent, same features, and on the same purchase with the same form of payment (1 credit card, 1 check , or cash). They will have them built for us by March 5!

Default AO discount

Rock On :d

Thumbs up Arctic Oven discounts in Fairbanks too!!!

Alaska Tent & Tarp also offers the same 10% discount in Fairbanks as well as Anchorage store. Tents need to be 1) in stock 2) same size and options 3) paid jointly.