Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paypal is anti-gun

Default Paypal is anti-gun

Just got off the phone to Paypal to verify that they actually freeze people's accounts if they use Paypal's services to legally purchase a firearm and they verified that it is true. I immediately had them close my account. May I suggest to others to do the same if they feel as strongly as I do about the way things are going. I also tried to close my eBay account because they own Paypal and recently did away with selling most firearm related items after the unfortunate Virginia Tech shootings took place. Guess I've had enough of this kind of PC crap and am doing what I can. Taking my business away, and I've bought and sold on eBay and used Paypal for years, is one step in the right direction, in my opinion. I can live without them. Thanks

Thumbs up

Good for you! I think that is a good decision and will be effective if enough of us do the same.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Default paypal

Best way to get them is in the pocketbook. Business as usual. Thanks for the support, Murphy.

Default Thanks Mauserboy!

I was just on the phone with them as well and it was verified that they freeze the account on gun purchases. Sooo, I went ahead and closed my account as well. It may be a little harder for me to close my eBay though, I'll wait on that one. Um, I did state my reasons for it on the comments as prompted.

I have known about Paypal and Ebay being anti-gun for a couple of years. I still buy and sell gunparts on ebay and use paypal to pay for gun parts, I guess that I feel that I am sort of "sticking it to em" by doing this right under their liberal anti-gun noses. There are so many beanie baby people buying stuff through ebay and paying with paypal that they do not care if us gun owners drop them, heck, they want us to quit using their services.
    That's my .02

I quit using Pay Pal about three years ago.
    I bought some compact flash cards on Ebay and found out they were all counterfeit.
    Pay Pal refused to help me get my money back. I had proof the cards were counterfeit and there response was "We can not police every merchant".
    I lost $250 so I can say with certainty that Pay Pal lies out there mouth and cheats there customers. If you use them sooner or later you will end up getting cheated as well.
    Tennessee

Default ebay

Well I guess one has to be in all and not half way. I started the closeing process of my eBay account and what a process. They asked in the series of windows online if I was sure I wanted to do that, close the account! Lastly it may take up to 180 days to be closed as it seemed it was their last ditch in efforts to keep me around. Well the local business may already seems happier as I'll have to shop locally now and support them.

Default Closing eBay

If you have some deals going selling or buying right now, it could take 180 days, but otherwise, it won't. Besides, if you want to shut it down, just stop doing business. Personally, I'd have no bad feelings if someone kept doing business, if necessary. In a way, we're all family here.

I'd sure like some more information on this, other than they "freeze the account on gun purchases." Huh?

Default Pay Pal

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    I quit using Pay Pal about three years ago.
    I bought some compact flash cards on Ebay and found out they were all counterfeit.
    Pay Pal refused to help me get my money back. I had proof the cards were counterfeit and there response was "We can not police every merchant".
    I lost $250 so I can say with certainty that Pay Pal lies out there mouth and cheats there customers. If you use them sooner or later you will end up getting cheated as well.
    Snowwolfe,
    That is why I use my Credit Card instead on allowing PayPal to withdraw directly from my checking or savings account. It takes a couple more steps at the end of the transaction, but I think it's worth it. If I need to dispute a transaction I call my VISA company (I've been happy with my Cabela's VISA) and I let them handle it. I don't even have to pay the charge until the dispute is resolved. I've only had a couple problems with transactions through PayPal, but so far my VISA card company resolved the problems for me. I don't think I would have gotten the same results if I had to deal with PayPal for the dispute resolution.

Woody

Might as well add Craig's List to your blacklist as well. I did. They've got the same anti-gun (California) mentality and think it's their job to push their screwy values on everybody else.

Brian

Wa Woody is right, you are better off using your credit card.

As a business that accepts credit cards over the internet, I can say from first hand experience that Visa amd Mastercard assume the customer is right and make me jump through hoops to prove my case.

I believe the card companys philpsophy is they have to keep the customer happy because they may loose them as a customer, whereby if the business is not happy, so what, what are they going to do refuse to take Visa or Mastercard, not bloddy likely.

Default Thanks for the News

Wow, thanks for letting us know, this is news to me...It just seems we just can't win anymore, seems like everything we want or need for hunting is tied in to the ANTI's ...REI, North Face, Patagonia, Backpacker Magazine and etc, and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tananaBrian View Post
    Might as well add Craig's List to your blacklist as well. I did. They've got the same anti-gun (California) mentality and think it's their job to push their screwy values on everybody else.

Brian
    I have bought a few guns from craigslist because the posters were smart enough to post in a way the Antigun idiots couldn't figure out he was actually posting a gun. One was like "200 rounds of .338 ammo for sale, includes stock, barrel, action, trigger assembly, scope, sling, etc. $500" Had to laugh and it didn't get deleted .

I can proudly stand up and say I've never used eBay.

As for PayPal, I used that service once last year to buy my gun dog from the breeder. Only time I've ever used it.

I've heard about this list that craig made, but I don't think I've ever seen that either.

What's wrong with taking a wad of cash down to the local store?
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default Craigs List

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    I have bought a few guns from craigslist because the posters were smart enough to post in a way the Antigun idiots couldn't figure out he was actually posting a gun. One was like "200 rounds of .338 ammo for sale, includes stock, barrel, action, trigger assembly, scope, sling, etc. $500" Had to laugh and it didn't get deleted .
    The seller of the ammo (with lauching accesories) and you got lucky. I don't know how CraigsList missed "ammo" and "scope", but both are specifically on CL's prohibited items list.

I put a post up on the "Wanted" forum for a "flashlight mount for a 1911" and it got pulled for being on the prohibited items list.

(Lost Sheep) Larry

Quote Originally Posted by JOAT View Post
    <snip>

What's wrong with taking a wad of cash down to the local store?
    Sometimes you have to because certain guns are just plain tough to find on the used market, or the sale is forced through an FFL which registers the gun anyway. But the 2nd Amendment gives American citizens the right to buy and sell guns, citizen to citizen, no paperwork or government involvement required ...it's nice to partake in that right and have no records for the government to track. If they really deleted the instant-check info in 90 days, then why do they want all the info on the gun type, name, address, etcetera? It should be "ID number? Yes, sell them a gun if they want one. Bye." And don't forget that the dealer is required to keep gun sale records as well. If some lefty ever decides to force gun control on us, they'll know which households to go to. It's too late for me... I wish I'd never ever bought any guns through 'the system'.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Sheep View Post
    The seller of the ammo (with lauching accesories) and you got lucky. I don't know how CraigsList missed "ammo" and "scope", but both are specifically on CL's prohibited items list.

I put a post up on the "Wanted" forum for a "flashlight mount for a 1911" and it got pulled for being on the prohibited items list.

(Lost Sheep) Larry
    Before I knew it was against their rules, I listed a gun on Craig's list and did get some calls before the ad got yanked. Couldn't figure out why it was yanked, so I posted it again ...slightly different verbiage. Got a couple more calls, then it got yanked again, then I figured it out ...but I nearly sold the gun via Craig's list anyways... but I never went back after that.

Brian

Default PayPal are Scumbags

Paypal are scumbags it's a known fact. I had was doing computer work online for people, writing scripts and such and paypal froze my account worth 3 thousand bucks for almost a year, there was nothing I could do. I was beyond the realm of mad and had no recourse. They set up their policies to have complete control over people's accounts, do a google search for "paypal sucks" or anything of the like, you'll get thousands of people that have had the same things happen to them. It's typical now a days, I just expect this behavior from businesses now, it's the new, maybe not so new American way.
    Marc Theiler

I love asking the hippie at REI questions like "will sheep blood wash out of the material this pack is made out of?" or "will this camp saw work on bone?" The look on their face is classic! It is interesting that ebay wont allow gun parts but you can buy ethically challenged "game ranch" hunts all day long!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast