Thread: My daughter's first grouse

Thumbs up My daughter's first grouse

This is my then 8 year old daughter with her first grouse. Made a great head shot with her own Henry Mini-bolt .22. She is going to be a dead eye!

Last edited by AKmud; 05-04-2006 at 07:42.

Nice pic. When was that?
    My kids like to hunt and fish too.

Great picture! I cant wait to have kids. Hopefully I can get them hooked into the outdoors. Lord knows my inlaws arent gonna do it!

Default It was last fall

9-11-05, I was getting ready to leave for the weekend on a moose trip when I saw this nice grouse in the yard. She shot the first one while it was still on the ground then two others flew into trees nearby and I got them. Made a nice little dinner!

Nothing like a nice fresh meal. Even better cooked on the tailgate way out somewhere.

Thumbs up

Can't start them too early.

Default great pic!

dead eye for sure.

Default Thats awesome

I bought my son the same little .22 for his 6th birthday and he is deadly with that Litlle Henry. Great feeling aint it. This year he's 8 and shooting a 270 win for black bear and I cant wait to see how it goes down.

Question Mini 22

Hello, I have a 10 yr old son. I think he would like the Henry .22 mini-bolt, but I have never heard of it. :-) Where can I find these and how much should they run???\
    Thanks
    <*)))><

Default Henry Minibolt

For kids????? I bought one to stick in my backpack.....fits nicely in my pack and is a handy & accurate small game getter......mine weighs 2lbs.13oz.

Nice little rifle, even for the big kids.

Joe
    Where there's a hobble, there's hope.

Default Mini-bolt

I got mine through a friend with a FFL. Any decent gun shop should be able to find one for you. I got this one just over wholesale and it was around $170 I think. It's a great little rifle, single shot bolt, stainless/synthetic with neat little fiber optic open sights. Trigger needs a little work though (pretty heavy). It is very similar to the chipmunk, but I like the stainless/synthetic better for about the same price.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Smile .22

Thanks for the info AKMUD. I may just try to find one...
    Cute picture too. That is a 6 wheeler? Been looking to buy a 4 or 6 wheeler, how do you like yours???
    <*)))><

Smile Yep, 6x6

I bought it new in 2004. There is nothing like them unless you get into the Argo type vehicles. There is a little more maintenance since it has drive chains for the rear, but if you keep up on them they aren't any problem. It is very stable and what I like is the load capacity. The factory rates the rear box for 800#. It's not a land speed record breaker but will do 45 without much problem. If you get one, be sure to get the engine braking system. It is a lifesaver! Alaska Power Sports in Anchorage gave my brother in law and I a killer deal on them (we bought two). We got the machine with a 2,500# warn winch, the engine brake system (normally a $500 add on), and hot grips for $7,348 each. I have no complaints whatsoever.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Kid guns!

I managed to pick up a little stevens model 73 single shot for myself! Those little rifles are just to much fun! I bought Savage/Stevens "Favorites" (the current version) for a friends son's when they got old enough. Very accurate and it's a ton of fun to take them out and spend the afternoon popping balloons!

Default can't start too early!!

Really nice picture. I've got a three year old son and can't wait to show him how to shoot semi straight, hope your daughter keeps shooting.
    Jeff H