Thread: Pentax PF65EDII

Thumbs up Pentax PF65EDII

Well, Snyd, I've read all your posts, here and elsewhere, about the PF65EDII, and decided to go for it .... Got one of Doug's show samples - via EBAY - with the standard XF 20x60 eyepieces, for $547! Probably will worry about a different eyepiece later. Pentax is apparently offering a new Digicam adapter for this model; like to pick one up. One of the area I hunt has nesting pairs of Trumpeter Swans on each pond. Like to take some nice pics of them, and other waterfowl. Anyway, the info you've put on here helped alert me to the bargains in good optics offered by Pentax. Tip of the hat, Snyd.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Well, Snyd, I've read all your posts, here and elsewhere, about the PF65EDII, and decided to go for it .... Got one of Doug's show samples - via EBAY - with the standard XF 20x60 eyepieces, for $547! Probably will worry about a different eyepiece later. Pentax is apparently offering a new Digicam adapter for this model; like to pick one up. One of the area I hunt has nesting pairs of Trumpeter Swans on each pond. Like to take some nice pics of them, and other waterfowl. Anyway, the info you've put on here helped alert me to the bargains in good optics offered by Pentax. Tip of the hat, Snyd.
    Wow! That's sounds like one heck of a deal. You will like the scope, and like you said, if you want you can get other eyepiece(s) in the future. It seems the digiscopers really like the XW14 and XW20 even. Nice wide FOV and worldclass image. Lets us know how the xf zoom works for you. Some guys really like it.

Perry
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again