Thread: Valdez Silver Forecast

Default Valdez Silver Forecast

Hey,
    What is the silver salmon return forecast for Valdez this summer? Some guy in Valdez just told me the pink return was terrible and that silvers are expected to be low too. First I heard of this. Fam and I planning on visiting for silver fishing late August. Any info? Thanks!

Thumbs up Valdez Fishing

I will be heading down to Valdez the third week of August for some Silver & shimp fishing. A forecast doesn't really mean much, it's just a guess or estimate. Also, you need to consider the source of the information, and the data being used to substantiate the forecast. There will always be fish to catch. Fish On!

Default valdez

My father and i go to valdez every year the last week of August and always always always catch hordes of silvers while tons of pinks littler the banks. I also have a buddy who operates a tug boat out of there and i just spoke to him the other day. he said the pinks were a bit slow so far and that silvers have shown up in the narrows. i believe itll be another stellar year. the drive, scenery and quaint little town are all worth the trip even if you dont catch a fish, but you will and itll be a blast! Good luck! I personally, wait all year for this one trip! This will be our 7th year going.

Default Valdez-

You fish on the Allison point side? Or off the harbor? Never shore fished for silvers in Valdez, only pinks off the cannery. Have a trip planned for Aug 14/15. Too early?
    yj