Thread: Great new sleds under $6,000?

Default Great new sleds under $6,000?

I live in Juneau (not much sledding oppotunities) and am looking to get a new sled. I am mainly looking just to get out and ride. Any new sleds from companies for under six grand?

What are the Southeast dealers and those in Whitehorse or near Haines and Skagway? Any good Anchorage dealers?

Thanks,
    Sobie2

I got my tundra for around 5500 with some extra stuff. I bet you could get one post season or in the fall for around $1000 less if you drive a hard bargin. I paid so much for mine because it was one of the last 4 in the state and I wanted one. I really like it. It needed some tweaks but It has been great so far. Except for when it wouldn't start and I had to walk 5 miles out, but that was I fluke I hope. Got mine from AKMDS. I wouldn't buy anything from them again except on price. I felt like they were selling me a bag of groceries. I didn't get a good feeling from them at all.

Default Bravo

You might look at the Bravo too. Typically you can get them under 4 grand. Not sure about a dealer in Juneau though.

Sleds, like most toys, depreciate horribly.

Have you considered a good used machine in the 3 to 5 years old range?

The 2002-2005 Ski-Doo Rev chassis is the #1 seller of this decade and the same vintage Polaris Edge series machines are excellent as well.

With a little shopping around you could probably pick up a good all-around play/trail machine with upgrades and a trailer for around 6K

If you're set on a new machine and want more than a trapline/utility sled then look at the Ski-Doo Freestyle/Backcountry, the Yamaha Phazer, or the Polaris RMK Trail.

(I'm not anti-Arctic Cat, I just don't know anything about them)

Good luck.

Take a look at the Polaris IQ shift. It MSRP's for 6999 but you could find them cheaper for sure. 600HO carb'd motor (120HP) with RydeFX shocks all the way around. New IQ chassis and you could probably pick up last years 07 shift for even less. In my opinion, this "intermediate" sled is the best one out there. No other manufacturer can come close to this machine for the price. Check it out...

Default Sleds

Arctic cat bearcat, close to that on sale, Guy in fairbanks had some, had him down 5995.00 out the door, I have one like in the picture Hunt_ak showed polaris Fusion, 05 194 miles on it, Would sell it for 5200. I guess What your looking for, All brands have different models for work or play, Ck out Kelly book values, on the used ones, I was up at AKMD, I,m looking for more of work machine, They had some from the Iditrod last yr, and were asking 2000, more than the blue book value, and they had 3000, to 5000. miles on them, retarded! I guess i just look stupid, Good luck on search,

Big lake offered to sell me the smaller bearcat for $6000, a few days ago, when I was in there? I don't know if thats a deal, but it looked nice and was a lil cheaper then the Tundras I was looking at.

Default Yamaha

Yamaha has been building the BRAVO for about 25 years and with very few changes. This is a reliable sled. It's not fast as the new larger engine sleds. It gets good fuel milage and costs less than $4000.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

If youre not a speed demon, high marker or water skipper I second what Brav01 says. I bought a brand new Bravo last winter for under $3500.00 down in Big Lake. Its not a speed machine but reliable and for trail riding or doing work around the cabin it is a great machine. And when its minus 20, you cant get going fast enough to freeze your face.. Actually, I've probably topped it out at around 35 mph. Plenty fast for me. Any faster and I'd have to wear a helmet!!

I only wish it had a bit more clearance between the bottom of track and foot board. Its pretty easy to trench out and get hung up on the running board in wet snow or slushy stuff. I pulled mine over last night at -30 and with three primer pumps it started easily on the first pull.

ak mining and diving has the skidoo freestyle backcounty for $5700 out the door as of last week.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

You can pick up a 2007 Bearcat for $5500 if you call around. Last years model, and they still have a few left. Twin cylinder will get you back when one lung fails, Bravo's are gutless and have no suspension to speak of, but they are cheap.
    The Bearcat has a 156"x16" track, it is lighweight; you have to work at it to get stuck. Electric start (I love this when it's cold), two-up seat (for your snow-bunny), and a huge cargo rack. You can remove the rear seat for enough room to hold a RubberMaid Action-Packer. This sled even has reverse, handwarmers, thumbwarmer, 12V outlet, and tall bars for a very comfortable riding position.
    I have owned Polaris since 1994, but the past few years they haven't produced a long-tracked fan-cooled sled. Their idea of a cargo rack is an afterthought.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...