Thread: Barneys Sales?

Default Barneys Sales?

I ned to buy a new pack frame and am leaning towards the one offered by Barneys.
    Do they generally have these on sale at the Sportsman Show in April?
    Tennessee

Yes they do usually have sales at the Sportman's Show but they are still "spendy".

I know, but we usually do get what we pay for in the long run.
    Thanks
    Tennessee

Default Barneys

I believe right now Bob is trying to renew the Visas, for his immigrant workers that sew all the packs in his sweatshop...and if that doesn't pan out, with the demand for his packs, he might sub it out to a Korean based company...hehehe

easy now... don't make me go moderator on ya
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

It was just a joke to bring a sale on his packs and to bring the prices down...hehehe...they are good packs, I do have the hunter on his carnivore frame, but thinking about the pinnacle...just trying to throw my back out at this early age.

I know alot of people think the packs are pricey, but if you look at the quality, they're worth it, just like your Kelty!

To answer the original question: Yes, the best time to buy a Barney's pack is at the sports show. If I were you I would also make sure that whatever pack you you want to buy is in stock at the time. A projected "couple of weeks" delivery time can often turn into several months.

FYI kahahawai, the frames come from Vietnam, not Korea.
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

Thanks guys.
    I am just looking to purchase the pack frame. Now that I am headed into an area that requires the meat to be brought out in quarters it will either need to be carried out on a pack or I will make a litter. I want the pack frame just to be on the safe side.
    Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    It was just a joke to bring a sale on his packs and to bring the prices down...hehehe...they are good packs, I do have the hunter on his carnivore frame, but thinking about the pinnacle...just trying to throw my back out at this early age.

I know alot of people think the packs are pricey, but if you look at the quality, they're worth it, just like your Kelty!
    I guess I was a little slow on the uptake there....

Ya, I used a friends Barneys frame with an older large Kelty bag on it one year on a long walk in sheep hunt. It worked great.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again