Thread: Boat Rentals

Default Boat Rentals

Hey all,
    Anyone know of any boat rentals or someone who might be willing to rent a boat that is suitable for Valdez halibut and salmon fishing (either already in Valdez or in Fairbanks and we can tow down)? Not looking for a charter, but a decent, safe boat we can take out for a few days in August when family is up. The boat rental place in Valdez, Fish Central, is booked and the boats are small.
    Thanks kindly for any help!

Default If you are willing to drive to Whittier

Whittier Boat and Tackle rents bayrunners, Searunners and larger. We rented a 20' foot Searunner softtop back in May for 5 days and had a very successful bear hunt. Owners name is Rob Clark, first rate act all the way, highly recommend.

Default Thanks... but need Valdez

Hey, thanks for the info. If I am ever headed to Whittier I'll remember your info. But, our plans are for Valdez this summer.

A couple years ago we drove to Valdez in search of somewhere new to visit. I had no plans of fishing from a boat but upon reaching the harbor we noticed there were skiffs for rent. The family and I rented one for the day as well as halibut rods. If I remember correctly we got an 18' skiff w/50 horse motor. Seems like it was $125/day, halibut rods were $5/day. We went out probably 15 miles, the water was nice. I don't recall the name of the place but it seems as though they had quite a few for rent. I don't remember if they had anything larger.

Default RE: Boat Rentals

Hey, thanks for the info and reply. I think you are talking about Fish Central. They are booked for the time we will be there. Thanks though! Good Fishin to ya.