Thread: Where's Murphy?

Default Where's Murphy?

Did Murphy sneak off to the SHOT Show?

Unhappy SHOT Show Blues......

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Did Murphy sneak off to the SHOT Show?

No!. Dadgummit! I've been stuck here all winter and had a heck of a time getting the brass monkey unfrozen to bring him in last night.

Everybody I know went to the SHOT show. I went to see my buddy here in town, who owns a gun shop, just to get an FFL from him to mail off to a guy I'm buying a gun from...he's at the shot show.

I got a call on my cell phone last week from a friend of mine, a PH from South Africa. He want to link up and talk about my buffalo hunt, he wanted to know where I was, I said Fairbanks. He said when you coming down? I'm not! What? Maybe next year...hello....hello......

I called every gunsmith in the lower 48 to talk about my new rifle, I need someone to build my rifle....ah, he's at the SHOT show and won't be back in until...... The same thing all week long, everybody I called.

I called bullet makers to order bullets....I called brass makers to order brass......I called stock makers to buy a stock.......I called old friends at Ruger and Dakota and everybody was at the SHOT show. I almost called my mother but if I had found out she was at the SHOT show without me I wouldn't have been able to take the news so I didn't call. Sorry mom!

So.....everybody I know was at the SHOT show.......but not old Murphy. I feel like Sid the family migrated without me, again ......they do this every year!

This week promises to be better. I was able to link up with a local smithie yesterday to discuss one of my projects and that should go well. Barrels in .411" are hard to find. Dan is back this week, he'll make me a barrel.
    By now the whole McMillan family is back form the show they'll make a stock for me. Things are lookin' up.

How are things with you, Rick?
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Aww Murphy:

It's rough all over.

But, if the opportunity presents itself, I will try and get them to do the SHOT-Show in Fairbanks next time, so you won't be havin to chase all those people down.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.