Thread: 200 GR Accubond for 300 WSM?

Question 200 GR Accubond for 300 WSM?

Anyone tried these yet? Cabin fever set in Saturday and the only cure was a trip to Sportsman's for some "medicine". Prescribed was; Nosler Reloading manual #6, a pound of RL-22, Fed 215 match primers, a box of .308 200 grain Accubonds, and a box of 110 gr Hornady V-max. Being fairly new to reloading (hadn't reloaded since high school 10 years ago), I followed the Nosler recipe and started with 65 gr. of RL-22 inside of Federal once-fired brass. The Nosler 10 step program (page 43) helped me to determine a C.O.L. of 2.93" for my Sako Finnlight. It took me about 30 minutes to get through the denial step (10C) as the dummy round would not fit in the magazine. Anyhoo, published velocity is 2944 max with compressed load. Do I have a chance at this velocity? Also has anyone sent any 110 grain varmint bullets down the pipe of a 300 WSM?

DS

Default 110s

I mostly reload 180gr Sierra Game Kings for my Tikka in 300wsm. I have a box of 180gr Accubonds but have yet to shoot them. No help with the 200s.

I will be curious to know how the 110 V-Max's shoot and perform on fur for you.

Good luck.

I have not got reloading stuff set up yet since I moved up here so im not much help but I have the same gun (love it) and would love any info and I will be happy to share anything I find as I get more rounds through mine and start to load again. So far I Only have 10 rounds through it and they were win with 180 acubonds and It shot about 3/4 inch groups so I am very happy.

I used 200 grain accubond out of a 300wsm last fall to take a brown. retrieved 1 against the skin on the far side that weighed 158 grns, perfect mushroom. I use H4350x but have never chrono'd so couldn't tell you exactly how fast its going. Hope this helps

Thumbs up

I reloaded some for my 300 wsm, 68grn RL19 2.885" oal and 2950 through a chrony. Never used them for hunting but they shot well through paper. My hunting bullet right now is the 180 Hornady Interbond.

md

I like the sounds of that load.

Thumbs down 200gr

Bullets seat to deep for me in my 300 WSM.......stick with a 180gr max for this round.

The 165 TSX does real good with RL 19 or Mag Pro.

RL 22 shows good accuracy with 180 Part.......but RL 19 gets 3000 FPS with Reloader 19 with the 180 Part.

Default Range Results

Shot the 110 v-max and the 200 Accubond last Saturday. Shooting conditions were very "average". 10 degrees F air temp, no wind, makeshift plastic table for bench, sitting on a lunchbox, rifle in tripod stand. The best group with the 110's was .75" at 3000 fps over the chrony (book velocity was 3300 fps-Hornady medium load). Very happy with the 110's. The 200 gr Accubond clocked 2650 fps over the chrony (max load listed in the nosler manual with RL-22 was 2950) and grouped just over an inch for three shot group. I know I could improve group size under better shooting conditions at the range. Does anyone know how much ambient air temperature affects velocity (10 deg F vs. 70 deg F). I found that velocity was consistently 300 fps slower than listed velocities with all loads tested. Rifle was Sako 85 Finnlight 300 wsm. Can I expect velocities to come up with the temperatures (can I expect 2900 fps with the Accubonds at say 50 deg. F?) Thanks for all the great replies.

DS