Thread: Blind River/Tozitna River

Default Blind River/Tozitna River

Has anyone been up either of these rivers? Starting to do some research on some hunting for next fall. Info?? THANKS

I have heard that the Tozitna is shallow and not navigable at all with a prop. A group of airboaters used to go up it. I have no idea what the terrain is like. Further up I know there are private holdings.
    The Blind River is very likely in Native Corp. land. It does go into the Nowitna W.R. so am pretty sure you need a permit to hunt it at that point.
    Sorry I can't be more help than that.

Thanks..I did draw a moose tag for that area. How do you find out about native holdings and who owns it. Do they usually alllow people to hunt on their lands?

Tozitna is about 10 miles below Tanana and Blind about twenty miles. Check with Tozitna Native council or Tanana Triblal council and they could probably tell you. You won't make it to far with a prop up the Tozitna and same with Blind River. Doug

Default Tozi

I know the Tozi well (I work up there in the summer). Two falls ago there was inboard jet-boat half sunk (water running through in the floorboards and engine) within 2 miles of the mouth of the Tozi. We saw another hunter who tore the bottom out of there boat and needed assistance. It's shallow and braided. Moose densities are also low. Don't know anything about the Blind River.