Thread: Kotzebue

Default Kotzebue

...anyone know the website for Northwest Aviation out of Kotzebue?
    ...Jackie Bushman is a TOOL

I believe that Jim Rood has shut Northwest Aviation down up there.

Northwestern Aviation is still at the same location in Kotz but Jim Rood is trying to "retire". There is another AK pilot running the operation. The website below for NW Aviation is correct. They have two 206s (one on floats) and a 180... They were flying last fall (2007)...give them a call/email...contact me if you are coming up so i can take you on the grand tour of Kotz... -Matt

Thumbs up Yep...

Flyboy is right. Jim Rood is retired. His website, www.alaskaonyourown.com is being maintained by Eric Sieh (wolfcrk@otz.net) who is a full time pilot for Hageland Aviation in Kotz. He runs bush trips on the side. He is the only full timer in Kotz now that Jim Rood and Buck Maxson have retired. I had him take me on the Kugururok in 2006. He is a great pilot and a cool guy. He is taking my wife and I to a nearby river this coming Sept. I recommend him highly.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default Kotz

My partner and i will be getting in on the 11th of september he and i both would love a tour...also is there anywhere in Kotz i can donate Boo meat?
    ...Jackie Bushman is a TOOL

Default elder home...

If I am not mistaken, you can donate meat to the senior citizens home in Kotz. That is something that Eric could answer for sure.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default Buck Maxson finally called it a day huh?

Danattherock,

Did you speak with Buck? I flew with him out of Kotz the last three years and had an opportunity this last August to camp out at his house for a few days and really got to know the guy. I think he should write a book with all of his stories, I couldn't get enough of them.

But my question was... has Buck truly retired because he seemed to be on the fence the last three seasons...

Thanks!

-HT

Default I don't know for sure...

Buck is a great guy. I could only imagine the stories he shared. He flew us up to the Kelly in 2004. Back then he was talking about retiring back east. I had contacted him in 2006 about a trip on the Kugururok and he was still in business then, but I had later heard he retired. Can't vouch for it though, just what I had been told. Below is his contact info.

Buck Maxson
    Arctic Air Guides
    Street:
    Kotzebue, ak 99752-
    Phone: (907) 442-3030