Thread: Iliamna Air Guides

Default Iliamna Air Guides

Does anyone have any info on these guys? I am thinking about a spring brown bear hunt. I searched the forum and didn't come up with any hits.

Thanks for any help.

Default Not Sure...

I've flown with Iliamna Air Taxi, Tim and Nancy LaPorte, but that may not be the same outfit? I would definitely use them again, but Iliamna Air GUIDES may be someone else entirely.

Last time I was in Iliamna was 2004, the Pebble Mine stuff was just getting started, can't imagine the hubbub in that area now. I liked it small like it was back then....

I flew out with Ili air guides once and I cannot say enough about them. All good.

Ili air guides is seperate from Ili air taxi.

Default Illiamna Air Guides

Illiamna Air Guides is a first class outfit, I have flown with them twice for Caribou and would not hesitate to use them again. They offer many ammenities that others like Illiamna Air Taxi do not. They have cbins for you to stay in if the weather prevents you from flying out and they expect you to stay in them the night before you come home. This definetly saves time effort and money when compared to having to stay in a motel. They also have a meat house to hang your meat in complete with sink/running water, and cutting table. PM me if you want to hear more good things about them. If you do go with them you have to try Cindy's biscuts!!!

Default Iliamna Air Guides

Mark and Cindy are top notch!
    Everything said above and more!
    They are my good friends and I can guarantee you'll be satisfied!
    I tend to use more than enough gun

Waterrat, you have some good friends there.

I used them for caribou but seen alot of bear, this is how our hunt went.

The morning we flew out of anchortown on era, they tried and finally got ahold of my wife. they said the herd hadnt migrated down and if we wanted to re-schedule, unfortunately we were in the air so it became a meat hunt.

Cindy met us at the airport, shes a sweetheart. we were only gonna be there for a couple of hours but they put us in a cabin so we can go through our gear.

we flew out, buzzed some bears and put us in a decent spot. we bagged 5 bou for the freezer, anyways we asked for an afternoon pick-up, they came in in the morning (sometimes schedules dont work out for everybody). I was on my way to pick up my meat from the night before and the young kid (pilot, from cordova) said that if he can land he will go get it for me.

I was happy to see him land, saved me a 6 mile round trip. Mark and the kid ate lunch while we busted camp.

good service, good people. cant say much more.

We booked Iliama on two seperate hunts and they were great both times. In fact we used many alaska air sevices over the years all with good experiences except one. We will NEVER USE WILLOW AIR SERVICE AGAIN. They were dishonest and incompetent from the start. Hunt safe !!!!