Thread: Raspberry / Afognak Brown bear hunt

Question Raspberry / Afognak Brown bear hunt

This is my first post on this forum so let's hope it all goes okay. I am looking for a little information on brown bear hunting on Raspberry and Afognak Island. My tag is for this spring and the hunt is pretty well planned. I am just wondering if there are any private cabins that may be available for rent. if any one knows of any... let me know. We'll be spending most of our time on a 22 ft Hewes Pacific Cruiser... but a place to stay on land is a nice option. Anyone????

anything to do with kodiak area i call john at fish and game down there, he seems to know things that no one else does. that'd be a good place to check, get maps also on whats native land and whats not, afognak native corp patrols their land and they are quick with a pen to hand out tickets and fines for tresspassing.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Cool

Thanks for suggestions. I'll give them a call. I have spoke with a few that have hunted the area and they have a bit of a stiff warning on the water getting nasty down there. Hate to do it but, starting to second guess taking the boat over there. Thanks again for the suggestion.