Thread: Does It Pay????

Question Does It Pay????

My mother is coming up next week and I was wondering if it payed to try some dipnetting, from what I hear it's looks pretty grim..should I giver a try or just take her out in the boat and concentrate on Silvers and Butts??? Thanks ahead of time for any replies!
    There's plenty of room for all Gods creatures; right next to the mashed potatoes!

If she's a non-resident, she isn't allowed to be involved in the fishing in way shape or form, nor is she allowed any of the catch.

Only the Kenai has been bad for dipping, and even then it hasn't been a complete bust.

I'd say a day on a boat for silvers and buts is a better way to go, even if the fishing isn't great, you're out on the water.

Question Kasilof?

I am aware of the regulations, she would get a kick out of the process. just wanted to know if I'd run into any fish? think I should try the Kasilof for a day? I did well there last year, but this years been a little "whacked"
    Thanks
    There's plenty of room for all Gods creatures; right next to the mashed potatoes!

Just check the sonar count, if the numbers are still up, it's worth going. I would expect with the Kenai closed, the Kasailof might get a wee bit crowded.

Have you ever been to Chitna? How old is your mom? It isnt an easy place to fish. Especially if you travel down the road and fish out of the canyon.