Thread: EAA Witness or Glock

Default EAA Witness or Glock

I have been thinking about a 10mm for black bear back up. I started looking and the two I see most often is the EAA witness and Glock 20. They feel about the same weight. Both are poly frames and steel slides. The glock has some majic coating that is their trademark. The EAA witness can be found with poly frame and I think they said steal slide with a SS finish that is baked on, gives it a satin look. The gun shop guy said it is harder and will last longer than the glock slide in salt water conditions. I will be in PWS mainly with the 10mm. They both feel good in my hand. The EAA has a hammer. The glock don't. They each have their own qualities. I have heard from multiple gun shops they the EAA witnesses are accurate, just hard to get. They are cheaper. The glock can be had with the night sights though. I am leaning towards the glock with night sights but don't want to count one out that I don't know much about.

Have any of you owned or shot the EAA witness or Glock 20? Is the glock american made? Seems like I read somewhere it was but not sure. Are the night sights worth the extra money? I have heard about blackies beeing shot with 10mm, has anyone here actually done it? I am wanting to leave my 44mag home and get a lighter, easier to handle gun for being in the raft and just mobility. My trusty 300wm will be my main gun. But when dealing with the bait and transporting to and from boat I will just wear the 10mm and maybe even use on a close bear, while in the tree stand or just encounter. Just need your input I guess. Thanks

I have a G20. Love it. Light, easy to handle, shoots well (the innacurate part is my fault I would think it would be fine for black bear, and the finish on the glock should be fine around salt water so long as it isn't getting soaked on a regular basis, and is cleaned after exposure.

Only thing I could think of is the G20 has a fairly large grip, I don't know the size of the EAA.

Good luck with your search, and let us know which one you settle on!

Jon

Like my Glock. G20. Shoots good, and I picked up a 6" barrel which brings up the power even more. Looks weird with the barrel sticking out of the slide, but works fine. I have never fired the EAA Witness, but a friend of mine has one and reports all good things with that one, too.
    You know you aren't really having fun until you ask yourself -how much is this going to cost me?

Default Yep I hear good things

about both guns. The EAA has a slimmer grip and still holds 15, which I would keep weight down and only load 10 anyways I think. But the EAA has the slide release way forward and had to use my left hand to release it while holding the pistol in a ready to fire grip. I need to check that out again to make sure. But other than that both feel great in my hands. Glock has more options but costs more. Still trying to decide. But glock has my first vote I guess.

With that longer barrel does it still fit most holsters for the glock? I am thinking I would buy a holster like I have for my .44. The sportsmans model made by the dude in wasilla. I like those. Fit is good and just an awesome product. I don't think I would upgrade to the 6" right away, how much extra was that? Also hoping but will check out to see if my 5.5" browning will be able to fit the same chest holster as the glock.

Thanks for the input so far. Has anyone used it on a bear yet?

Not used it on a bear yet, I need more practice first. Hoping to get a shot at a blackie with it this fall.

Jon

I love my Glock's.