Thread: Saw a glock 20 jamming today!

Default Saw a glock 20 jamming today!

Wow, this is the first time I have ever seen a glock fail to feed properly.

Guy was using HSM 180 grain ammo. It failed to go into battery 3 times.

I let the guy shoot my Dan wesson with the ammo and it shot 8 rounds just fine. I told him that my 1911 can be finicky and will only shoot good ammo usually. He fired my gun after I had put 50 rounds of lead rounds through it.

He said it was a brand new gun and that was the first he has ever fired it.

I cant imagine a glock needs a break in period?

Was he shooting anything besides the Hornady?? Occassionally you'll see one that has a broken mag spring or something of the like. That's the only thing I can think of that causes that kinda thing in a Glock.

Jon

Default Not surprised

I have seen Glocks jam on many occasions. Don't be surprised if you see it again.

out of about 600-700 rounds I put through my G20 I had it not fully eject the case twice. All the rounds through my gun have ben handloads so that could have ben part of it but since I just used it to blow holes in stuff It did not bother me much.

My guess is he's limp wristing it.

Default The Last Two DWs I Fired Had Problems-

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    Wow, this is the first time I have ever seen a glock fail to feed properly.

Guy was using HSM 180 grain ammo. It failed to go into battery 3 times.

I let the guy shoot my Dan wesson with the ammo and it shot 8 rounds just fine. I told him that my 1911 can be finicky and will only shoot good ammo usually. He fired my gun after I had put 50 rounds of lead rounds through it.

He said it was a brand new gun and that was the first he has ever fired it.

I cant imagine a glock needs a break in period?
    Shipped one (Bobtail) back cuz it locked on the slidelock each shot and another with way too much chamber under cut blow a case!

I had a problem of FTE on my Glock 21 did every thing to that gun and had two gunsmiths look at it. Turned out it was the ammo (Blackhills) got to looking at the bullets and some had been seated to far in the shell like (1/4") and once I switched ammo brands no problems. I have since used 1000s of rounds of blackhills ammo with out a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by akav8r View Post
    My guess is he's limp wristing it.
    That was my first thought, too.
    English is an odd language. It can understood through tough thorough thought, though.

Well the guy did not look like an experienced shooter and he was pretty small. When he gave me my wesson back he said "I like that feels like a Kimber" I took that to meant He didnt know what a 1911 was.

I would say limp wristed before the ammo. Especially since it went through my gun.

To bad your wessons acted up monte. Mine is awesome. It is very accurate. She can be finicky, By that I mean it is not shooting my cast loads good and I have had problems with reman ammo. but this is a target/fun gun first and foremost for me. I have some loads using XTP's that are utterly reliable. Also the CCI blazer cheap stuff feads fine without problems too.

I mainly posted this becuase I dont think I have ever heard of a glock having a problem. I have owned 2 and they were reliable. All of them I have ever seen at the range seemed to work also.

That was my point, it is probably not a gun malfunction. I have had four glocks and the only problem was with the ammo on one. I use to hate them when the first came out and rattled so bad but now I loved mine. I bought a Charles Daliy 45 1911 that I really enjoy as well. I been moving toward the 45 because I have had such good luck with them.

I love th Glock's I own, after dang near every brand on the market I have found two brands of ammo my G21 does not like, but after 12 years seeing them in law enforcement, normally the problem especially on a new large frame is the "trigger actuator nut"-the shooter.

Tell him to stop dragging the slide against his thumb and this won't happen anymore.

During several years of working with the same couple hundred Glocks (and their shooters) from brand new out of the box up to several thousand rounds through them, I haven't seen one fail yet due to a problem with the gun itself. I've seen a couple problems similar to what was described here and it turned out to be the shooter each time. Give the gun to someone else and the problem stops. Start by looking at their grip and stance...
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default Hiya Matt!

Quote Originally Posted by rimfirematt View Post
    Well the guy did not look like an experienced shooter and he was pretty small. When he gave me my wesson back he said "I like that feels like a Kimber" I took that to meant He didnt know what a 1911 was.

I would say limp wristed before the ammo. Especially since it went through my gun.

To bad your wessons acted up monte. Mine is awesome. It is very accurate. She can be finicky, By that I mean it is not shooting my cast loads good and I have had problems with reman ammo. but this is a target/fun gun first and foremost for me. I have some loads using XTP's that are utterly reliable. Also the CCI blazer cheap stuff feads fine without problems too.

I mainly posted this becuase I dont think I have ever heard of a glock having a problem. I have owned 2 and they were reliable. All of them I have ever seen at the range seemed to work also.

Ya know the old saw, anything made by man eh? Chuckle.

I really felt bad about the sale cuz I truly believed that the DWs were ahead of the curve, now we have a POffed desert warrior who bought a Porshe getting Yugo performance.

The Razorbacks I've had in hand only showed an excessive undercut (do ya know Chad the postal dude/gunnie who had one ka-booom?) to the unsafe glock configuration of unsupported chambers.

I have two G20's.... they are flawless with factory ammo. The only hangups I've had were with HSM loads in my Jarvis match barrel. Not going into battery would indicate an obstruction in the chamber/throat areas or something that's not seated correctly.
    Hunting, camping & shooting goodies. http://www.laksupply.com

Default Glock 20

Did he clean the firearm out of the box since this was his first time shooting it? That may be a factor as well as the limp wristing and ammo selection.

I dont know the guy. He said it was his first time out with it. I got the impression that he had probably just bought it an hour ago. I also got the impression he didnt know what he was doing.

Also this was a compact, not a fullsize like I origanally said. Got my models confused.

I had a glock compact 10mm, it was super reliable with anything I fed it.