Thread: 20A Antlerless - Tanana Frozen?

Default 20A Antlerless - Tanana Frozen?

Getting ready to head out to 20A for the RM764 on Monday. I was driving down to Delta on Saturday and saw plenty of open water on the Tanana. Does anybody know if the river is frozen around Lost Lake? I have not had the chance to get out and check the river around that area. Any help would be appreciated.

I crossed on the koole lake trail last week. There is open water above and below the crossing. The packer that lives on the other side of the river said that the conditions really weren't that safe and that it could dam up and overflow at anytime. There was fresh, backing overflow that we crossed on our way back out. If you go accross there be prepared if you have difficulties getting back over. I did it, got back safe and had a good time.

Default Be Careful

Just had a buddy go thru a week or so ago and lose everything except for his life. Made for a bad day but at least he didn't get hurt as the rest of the stuff can be replaced.

Do your homework and good luck!

Awesome, thanks for the info.. Will most likely be waiting to try the crossing. Thanks Again!

where did he go through? There was a spot that looked like someone broke through. I ran right through it and the ice held. I was going across on my sled and I saw it but my sled went straight as I turned the handle bars. Scary...