Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fairbanks Float Hunting Seminar in March!

Default Fairbanks Float Hunting Seminar in March!

Hi folks,

I have been trying to find ways of thanking our servicemen and women who have served in Iraq and Afghanistan, and have decided to conduct a free float hunting seminar at Fort Wainwright, in Fairbanks. This seminar will be similar to the ones I recently conducted at the Safari Club National Convention in Reno, Nevada.

The seminar is scheduled for March 1 at Fort Wainwright, and is combined with a book signing event as follows:

Book Signing: 8AM-4PM
    Seminar "Float Hunting Alaska's Wild Rivers": 4-5:30PM

You can read more about my seminars by clicking on the Seminars link at Alaskafloathunting.com.

I will post more details as they become available.

Hope to see you in Fairbanks!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default Dang it...

Wish I was already in AK! Seems like I keep missing the good stuff. First it was 20% military discount at Sportsmans and now a free seminar.
    Finally, Brad Childress is GONE!

Had any thoughts of doing one at Ft Rich?

Thanks,
    Buckeye

Default Ft. Richardson Seminar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeJoe View Post
    Had any thoughts of doing one at Ft Rich?

Thanks,
    Buckeye
    Buckeye,

I have proposed an all-day event at Ft. Richardson, which, if we can get the players lined up will include float hunting, outdoor gear, and several other topics, taught by a variety of folks. I am currently discussing this with some key players on base with the hopes that we can make it happen in the first two weeks in March.

I will keep everyone informed if it develops.

This event, like the one at Ft. Wainwright, is intended as a gesture of gratitude toward our troops who have recently served overseas, or who may be facing deployment in the near future. It will therefore be free of charge.

Best regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.

Default Awsome

Thanks in advance, looking forward to it. See ya there

Bobby

Awesome Idea Mike! I am reading your book now and am looking forward to the seminar. Thanks for all your help an support!

Mike, I saw that you are speaking at the Great Alaska Sportsman's Show coming up, will you have books for sale there as well?

I have been back from Iraq 6 months and out of the military 2 and NOW there is a free siminar... Honestly it is truly great what you are doing for the troops!

I'll make an announcement for this at our church because we have many people who serve.
    Would you be able to include those that are part of Eielson Air Force Base that are getting ready to deploy as well? I have a student whose dad will be going and he would LOVE to do this before he goes to Iraq in May.
    ~COtoAK
    Lurker.

Default Absolutely!

Quote Originally Posted by COtoAK View Post
    I'll make an announcement for this at our church because we have many people who serve.
    Would you be able to include those that are part of Eielson Air Force Base that are getting ready to deploy as well? I have a student whose dad will be going and he would LOVE to do this before he goes to Iraq in May.
    ~COtoAK
    CO,

By all means invite your friends! Also you want to talk to Richard Mousseau, owner of Blue Moose Rafting in Fairbanks, for the details. He has the schedule.

Let me know if there are more questions, okay?

-Mike

Default The Sportsman Show

Quote Originally Posted by cONDENSED View Post
    Mike, I saw that you are speaking at the Great Alaska Sportsman's Show coming up, will you have books for sale there as well?
    Actually the Sportsman Show is the official release date for the book! We will have plenty of copies on hand for sale, and I will be on hand to sign it for you as well. I would be happy to meet folks there.

Best regards,

-Mike

Thanks Mike, I'd also like to say thanks for all the in depth advice you give to people on the forum.

See you in March.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    CO,

By all means invite your friends! Also you want to talk to Richard Mousseau, owner of Blue Moose Rafting in Fairbanks, for the details. He has the schedule.

Let me know if there are more questions, okay?

-Mike
    Mike,

Thanks so much. I mentioned this at Leadership Meeting yesterday and my pastor is more than willing to post it in our church bulletin.
    I'll get the details from your contact (Richard Mousseau) and you will have it both advertised on our bulletins, website, and myspace accounts. We support a great deal of individuals who serve in our armed forces who would really be excited about what you will be offering.

Just keep me updated if anything changes!

~COtoAK
    Lurker.

Default Co-ak

I will be int he shop this week Today - 4:30 - 7:30PM and Sat 10:00AM -6:00PM Feel free to stop in and have chat and get all the data you need.

Map to the Store is on the web site www.bluemooserafting.com

Respectfully

Richard "Moose" Mousseau

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoose View Post
    I will be int he shop this week Today - 4:30 - 7:30PM and Sat 10:00AM -6:00PM Feel free to stop in and have chat and get all the data you need.

Map to the Store is on the web site www.bluemooserafting.com

Respectfully

Richard "Moose" Mousseau
    Sorry. I just came across this right now coming back and looking for this thread. I get lost in the General Discussion area.

I am going to stop by sometime today and pick up some information for our church admin asst so that she has all the information she will need for this.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll see you in a little bit. Hopefully shop will be open and you'll be there.
    Lurker.

Default FYI I am out of Pocket

CO-Ak I am traveling for th enxt ten days had hav closed the doors till I get back. i fyou need to contact me please call 907-460-7758 leave a message I will have one of our guides get in touch with you to open the shop for data.

Moose-O

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMoose View Post
    CO-Ak I am traveling for th enxt ten days had hav closed the doors till I get back. i fyou need to contact me please call 907-460-7758 leave a message I will have one of our guides get in touch with you to open the shop for data.

Moose-O
    Moose-O,

Thanks for you response as well as thank you for calling me from your trip last night. Hope it's warm out there!

No worries about opening up shop just for the information. I could wait until you return. We have our staff meetings on Wednesdays, so timing is good for you to return and for me to pick up the information.

I hope you get ahold of the other gentleman who was there standing and waiting with me last night. His name was Mark. Sounded and looked as if he was a client.

In the meantime, it was a fiasco trying to find your facility. I checked into Harter's Taxidermy to see if he knew where you were located at (he's on 30th and you are on 28th), but I got it all figured out. He probably thinks that I am stalking him, too, because he's on the boards as well.

~COtoAK
    Lurker.

Default Any updates on the float hunting seminar?

I am looking at attend this seminar. Where on Wainwright will it be held? What are the times for the event? Looking forward to this and the new book.

Thanks,

CubeCove

Default seminar update

Quote Originally Posted by cubecove View Post
    I am looking at attend this seminar. Where on Wainwright will it be held? What are the times for the event? Looking forward to this and the new book.

Thanks,

CubeCove
    Cube,

Moose is setting this thing up and he emailed me recently with the following:

March 1: Book signing at FWW PX 10:00AM - 3:00PM as well as a 1.5 hour Seminar at MWR. I don't know what time the seminar is scheduled, but one of us will post it here as soon as we have that info.

Regards,

-Mike

Thanks for the update.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast