Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHOT 500 mallards

Default SHOT 500 mallards

hey guys,
    I thought i would let u know the duck and goose hunting in the columbia basin in WASHINGTON was pretty good this season.I hunt on Potholes in eastern washington. hunted 60 days straight . anyway shoot straight.

Default Hmmm...

After eating 499 Mallards, how does the 500th one taste?

Let's see 60 days at 7 birds a day equals 420

Also got me wondering about possesion limits.....

Default if you think about it

You Never Hunt By Yourself

Either you hunt more than jesus or are a boastful liar. I myself hunt 6 days a week from sept 1st through jan 3rd. I took right around 300 drake greenbeans and to hear someone shot 500 is just plain retarded. I'm not calling you out, i am just questioning your number crunching abilities. If you wish to defend your honor i would suggest posting some pics.

That's cool WA.duckhunter. Good job. Your recipe sounds good too.

Quote Originally Posted by XTSEA View Post
    Either you hunt more than jesus or are a boastful liar. I myself hunt 6 days a week from sept 1st through jan 3rd. I took right around 300 drake greenbeans and to hear someone shot 500 is just plain retarded. I'm not calling you out, i am just questioning your number crunching abilities. If you wish to defend your honor i would suggest posting some pics.
    Don't be a jerk. There's no reason to be that rude. FYI, by my math you hunted around 108 days this year, which means you shot about 2.8 ducks per day. You're either a really bad shot, do not know how to set up decoys, do not know how to call, or live in an area with very few birds. Or maybe it's a combination of all the above. You call him a boastful liar, retarded, and you tell him he needs to defend his honor with pictures, yet you say you're not calling him out. Yeah whatever.

It looks like you're a new member. You'll find out pretty soon that if you say stupid stuff it'll come back to bite you.

Default I'm with Lab Man

XTSEA,

I'm with Lab Man, there is no reason to be that rude on this website, or for any reason for that matter. It looked like the Washington hunter was just trying to let us all in on another good hunting spot!

Why don't you post some photos of your great hunts? We'd all like to see
    who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by lab man View Post
    Don't be a jerk. There's no reason to be that rude. FYI, by my math you hunted around 108 days this year, which means you shot about 2.8 ducks per day. You're either a really bad shot, do not know how to set up decoys, do not know how to call, or live in an area with very few birds. Or maybe it's a combination of all the above. You call him a boastful liar, retarded, and you tell him he needs to defend his honor with pictures, yet you say you're not calling him out. Yeah whatever.

It looks like you're a new member. You'll find out pretty soon that if you say stupid stuff it'll come back to bite you.
    haha whoa buddy... First of all i'm not calling this guy out. Secondly, I'm using the word "retarded" like some people use the word "sick" Ex: "That field was absolutly retarded with ducks!"

Thirdly, Forgive me if i let my clients shoot the ducks. I'm only trying to allow them to have some fun lol. Sorry to rub everyone the wrong way, i just didn't explain my reasons for questioning this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by todperk View Post
    XTSEA,

Why don't you post some photos of your great hunts? We'd all like to see
    who you are.
    I posted a few. I hope you enjoy them. Our season was fairly short as the birds pushed through our area quite quickly so we usually had to drive quite a ways to get on good feeds and keep 'em guessing.

Default call me a lair

well boys,
    you can call me a lair but with the guys i hunt with can back me up.....
    tell me how to post some pics. new to the website i would happy to post some pics.and by the way u can't believe the hunting down here when the northern ducks show up it is something to be seen when you have 300 mallards in your blocks i use about 110 super mags. decoys because we hunt big water. the area i hunt is about 28,000 arcers of flooded sand dunes in central WA. By the way the 500th duck is better than the first you know why ? because u fininsh the circle of respect with the animals that u shoot. EAT WHAT SHOOT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> never wasting what u shoot out of resect of the animals and showing that you are a true sportman. lol peace

I say congratulations. I used to hunt the potholes in the eastern part of Oregon. So I know what you are talking about when you say you see huge flocks of northern birds sitting in your decoys. We used to jump ponds out there, that were so full of ducks, every shot would have take more than 2 birds down.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

That's a lot of duck pluckin...
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

I don't even waste my time plucking ducks. I just breast em out and move on to the next one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I don't even waste my time plucking ducks. I just breast em out and move on to the next one!!
    Oh man you are missing out! LOL I enjoy the late season fatty cornfed maltrons with a thick layer of butterbreastbacon fat!

I am with Ring King on this one. Breast them out, package them and then go to bed. After getting up at 4 in the morning to go duck hunting, I don't feel like wasting time, pluckin birds.
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

4AM!!!!!! Where are you huntin? I get up at 6:45am leave the house at 7am, get to the launch about 7:10am, and I'm in the pond ready to start shooting at 7:40am!!

Default no wasting game in my household

take the time to pluck your birds i even take the hearts and gizzards nothing goes to waste........................... try smoking some of those full bodys sometime it's worth the effort. just inject the breast with your favorite brind and smoke them with some of that alder you guys have up there. have repect for what you shoot it's the circle of being a good waterfowler..................

Lets see............NO

I'll continue doing my thing my way and you're free to do whatever else you like with you're birds. And who are you to come on here and call me out for not having respect for what I shoot? Not a good way to develope a first impression on a board you just joined!

I eat what I kill...................nough said!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast