Thread: Bow Fishing

Default Bow Fishing

Anyone know where to purchase bow fishing gear? I'm looking primarily for a couple of arrows.
    Thanks

Default Where

Where are you from? It would help.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    Where are you from? It would help.
    oops...wasilla..
    Thanks

Default Best guess

I would try Fletchers or Sportsman up the hill on the Parks. I did not look very closely last time in but Sportsman is probably your best shot.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

thanks, I'll give them a look...

I was in Fletchers the other day and I think that I saw some fish arrows in there.

Fletchers for sure, great shop
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Both Fletcher's and sportsmen's have the gear. I used to nail carp back in Michigan with a bow, big time fun!
    BTW do yourself a favor try Fletchers first top notch folks!
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Default Proper Attachment Of Arrow!!!!!!

TJM- be sure to attach arrow properly as to avoid snap back! a bloody mark on the face would be very bad but loss of an eye would be disasterous.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Quote Originally Posted by AK NIMROD View Post
    TJM- be sure to attach arrow properly as to avoid snap back! a bloody mark on the face would be very bad but loss of an eye would be disasterous.
    thanks for the warning....please enlighten me on proper attachment....I have been shooting my bow for 16 years but have never bowfished....I am going out this saturday to get some pike....I assumed that all you have to do is get an arrow,attach spool of line on bow, and attach the line onto the arrow.....I assume that you are warning about attaching the line to the arrow......I'd sure like to learn how NOT to do it before heading out...I hate learning things the hard way. ..lol

depends on type of reel you have. and you might get differing opinions on this. the way i do it is the way sully of sullys bow fishing stuff taught me. he sells equipment online and is very knowledgeable on the subject. and a good friend.

if using zebco type push button reel, tighten drag and tie to back of arrow by nock. long loop in line threaded through rear hole then just separate loop sides over nock, this allows for quick, easy arrow removal from line.
    then if you draw without hitting reel release button it will pull arrow off string.

if using retreiver reel ( white plastic bottle line goes into ) then you should have a slider on arrow to attach line to. keep all slack out of line so a loop of extra line does not tangle in equipment and snap arrow back.

if using hand wrap spools for a reel then i would think the slider would be the way to go

hopefully this is understandable and is helpful
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER