Thread: I shot my first perfect round in skeet today!

Default I shot my first perfect round in skeet today!

I just had to put this out there, because I am still really excited about it. I shot my first perfect round in skeet shooting today!

I shoot 21 to 22 consistently, and finally pulled off a 25. Now all I need to do is shoot a 50!
    Some people call it sky busting... I call it optimism
    "Swans are a gift" -DucksandDogs
    I am a shoveler's worst nightmare!

Thumbs up Congratulations!

A perfect in Skeet is a real challenge. I can never get the last station to work for me... all that high speed overhead work is very difficult indeed. Good job!
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Default Congrats

I used to shoot trap and it's challenging, so congrats and enjoy.
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Congrats on the perfect skeet round. That is really good, I know that thrilled you. Hey, if you can do 25 you can do 50!! Really good shooting.
    A GUN WRITER NEEDS:
    THE MIND OF A SCHOLAR
    THE HEART OF A CHILD
    THE HIDE OF A RHINOCEROS

Way to go!!! That is actually quite a feat. It took me a long time and a lot of shells to finally break my first 25 straight with a .12 gauge. I really though I was getting good until I tried it with a .410. Humbling, to say the least, but addictive. I finally broke 25 with a .410 and when I reached my first 50 straight, I was just as proud of myself as anything I have ever done. Haven't done 75 straight yet with my .410, but maybe before I croak.

Keep it up. You will get there. The fun is the challenge.
    Now just why in the hell do I have to press "1" for English???

Default Thanks guys

Thanks a lot guys. That sounds like even more fun trying it with a smaller gauge. I will have to give that a shot.

And it is another excuse to buy another shotgun!

So did you throw up your hat and shoot it? When I was at Cannon AFB thats what you had to do if you shot a full 25, then sign it and hang it up in the Trap and Skeet building. Pretty neat feat!

I personally have never shot even close to that, maybe 17 on my best day, but I don't practice that much. Its a real fun sport to just go out with the guys and shoot though. How much have you shot skeet before now?

Great job! schmidty

Thanks Schmidty,

This is my first season of skeet shooting. I have been shooting since November. I didn't even know there was a difference between skeet and trap a couple of months ago. My average when I was starting out was about 14. Now it is 21. I have shot a shotgun my whole life, so it wasn't anything new to me.

I would have shot my hat but I didn't have any more shells. I shot the 25 on the last round. Maybe they will let me shoot it next time I come in and hang it.

Now that my tax return is almost here, I am looking at buying a Beretta White Onyx as my new skeet gun. I can't wait to go bust some clays with it.

Default Spend your money here first...

Congratulations, now go get the video "Todd Bender's Winning with the Fundamentals in Skeet". This video is like reading the Bible...it is THE video to learn how to shoot skeet consistently over time. Skeet is a funny game that is 99% mental focus, 1% physical ability. I've shot many 100 straights and only wish that I'd found this kind of instruction when I started. It would have saved many rounds of frustration. Now go make some "poker chips", 2ATLO8.

IceKing02

Default Well done

I recall one perfect round of trap a few years ago. I was shooting a league at Camp Lejeune NC and competing with a bunch of guys with expensive trap guns and I was shooting my Beretta AL391 field gun and I smoked em (at least on that day).
    Congrats, you'll remember it for a long time...

Great going; When I first started shooting trap I thought that skeet was just a quick way to waste ammo, little did I know that when you are sharp at skeet you have learned to roll with the shot and be flexible at the waist and have a shooting stance that will benefit you in rifle and pistol also. It will make you a very accurate snap shooter with the rifle. A skeet shooter is one of the safest guys in the bunch. Before any hunting trip I shoot 3 weeks in advance a few rounds of skeet and I'm good to go and I can shoot much better than I can write.

Funny thing is, I was using my AL391 field gun for this perfect round too.