Thread: Which gun

Talking Which gun

Okay fellas,

My wife and I have been shopping for "HER" a gun and we've narrowed it down to two, the Rem 700 XCR and the Tikka T3 Lite both in the 300 Wmag cal. She likes the way both feel and can handle both very well but my question to you all is which one would be the better of the two? The cost is close to the same and the Tikka is about a pound lighter, but in the field which one will carry less recoil and hold it's groups better? She has shot my 300WM so she does have some time behind the old mule.
    Last edited by GAredneck; 02-01-2008 at 14:12. Reason: change wording

Best advice I can offer it to allow her to make the choice. It will do wonders for her confidence level in the field.
    Tennessee

The recoil pad on the XCR really works and as it is a little bit heavier as well thats the way I would go personally.

Default Rem

Yeah, that R3 recoil pad and the extra weight will definitely make the XCR more pleasureable (relative term) to shoot, though I never shot a Tikka so I guess I'm not qualified to say really.

I do know that the Mod. 700's I've owned have all been supremely accurate.

Dave

I own a Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in 7mm and it is a great gun. But I really do like the Remington XCR's too. Didn't seem like they were as close in price when I bought my Tikka??? I think I might steer towards the Remington, not to say the Tikka isn't awesome... but I had to put a limbsaver pad on mine which the XCR already has a nice pad on it. And it is supposed to be better against the elements. Which does she like?

Ok so after some checking it looks like the Tikka T3 is about 300 dollars cheaper than the XCR. Thats the money I used to buy my Leupold 3x9 VXII to put on top of my Tikka. I guess its all how you look at it.