Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pull Pal???

Question Pull Pal???

Can't find an earlier post where someone was talking about their treeless winch system. 2 stakes pounded in the ground at 45 deg away from machine? I have seen the Pull Pal's but that is not really what I'm looking for. Anyone help or explain their similar set up?
    Thanks

Default pull pal works

I've been using a pull pal with argo's and my 10,000lb susv for 5 years with no problems. If you are stuck somewhere without trees this is the easiest way to go.

Could you post more details about this? Be a great item to carry in with us on a long hunt.
    Thanks
    Disreguard, I found there web site.

Thumbs up Here it is....

http://www.pullpal.com/aboutPP.html

Looks like a pretty cool setup, especially if you ride Eureka where there are no trees in most places!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Stuck buddy

For a lot less money you could get something like this that would work just as good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ak Hunter, where did you pick that up? Price?

I'm working on this one with someone, as soon as we get it all figured out i'll get back with you.

What in the world is that? It looks like a combination between an ice auger extension and a boat anchor.

When your stuck and there's no tree's or anything around you screw it into the ground when you get stuck, hook your winch to it and pull yourself out. WG, is the AT site having problems today?

Yes, AT is screwy today.

Have you tried that screw in Anchor? It looks like a pain. I couldnt imagine trying to screw that thing into the tundra.

Haven't tried it yet as I don't have one, someone from another site built it and was checking to see if there was any interest in it. If you put a rod through the top of that thing it would probably go in a lot easier.

Duckbill anchor is another option. They come in a variety of sizes for whatever weight rating you need. They are available at most hardware stores.

Default snowhook

I use a snowhook off my dogsled. I keep it on my bike at all times has yet to fail me.Horse

If you are trying to pull something really heavy use 2 or 3 hook type devices. (But then you have to haul more extra junk)Spreads the load on the muskeg and wont tear out as easy. Simular to piton and ice screw placement in mountainering.
    It beats having to bary a tire or log any day and doesent leave the dreded scar of shame on the trail.

Regards,

Jim

Default Smaller than a Pull Pal

Just ride with Water_Gremlin. He can pull you out. I was looking for a land anchor and came across this picture http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...oundanchor.jpg so I made my own. I tried it out in the yard and it didn't even budge. It stays in the cargo box on my wheeler.

Thumbs up Anchors

Have you tried an aggressive-heavily tined boat anchor. Their usually 10#-13# and dig into everything. That's what we've used and they seem to do great. My .02

Talking Anchor--

Have not tried a boat anchor. Was looking for something a little less bulky I guess. I like the one Big H has. I think I'll try something similar.
    Thanks to everyone for their insight.

Default Land Anchor

Mine folds up nice and flat and stows in the front storage box. Mine isn't as pretty as the one in the picture but it's the same concept. I made it from a old street sign. The pieces are a bit wider so it might not sink in the mud. I think they are about 3 inches wide.

Default Anchor

Use a Danforth anchor attached to a winch. The anchor will dig in and pull the ATV out. You could also use a screw anchor (like the one AK Hunter posted), but it takes 15-20" to get a screw anchor in and out of the ground.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by ToopBoveBeamn View Post
    Eventually, wandering, MY SPOUSE AND I out of the blue observed a few fresh blahblah blah
    THose fake purses might make good anchors. I like the one BigH posted and since I was thinking about a pullpal, I'm glad the spammer brought this thread to life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast