Thread: Ninilchik Charters

Default Ninilchik Charters

Has anyone used Ninilchik for spring bear and fishing? Thinking about a spring black bear hunt and have seen their web site. Are the bears good size or are there better areas for blacks?

Registered Guide, AK

Default Afishunt

I participated on a spring halibut trip last year with AFISHUNT charters last year. I was more than pleases with the Halibut fishing. We caught too many halibut to count. I know our boat captain does bear hunts on the side in Kodiak. It may end up being a blank, but I was very happy with the service and expertise while fishing.

Default Contact for PWS black bear

Marcopolo, Contact " Petres Fishing Charters" at 907- 488-4589. or cell: 322-6392 He's a guy I know who runs a fishing charter out of Valdez, and is started back up his water taxi to transport hunters again. He has a new boat called the "Otter Dodger" and another boat called the "North Country" he actually won the Halibut derby down in Valdez. He is based out Salcha, AK but he's does go down there when the weather breaks. I'm not sure he does the spring hunts, but I know he does the Fall if the weather is good.Give him a call i know he's reasonable...CK

here's his email: