Thread: PWS Yesterday

Thumbs up PWS Yesterday

Went out of Whittier yesterday in search of the favorite flatfish and had a great time with the wife , kids & mother-in-law...
    Saw a 6 1/2 - 7 1/2 foot brownbear on the beach at Montegue.(sp ?)..
    Snow is still low on the mtns for the most parts, some of the smaller islands are snow free.

Default Thanks

for the update!
    Always good to get out with the family
    Any luck on the fishing?

Default Yes

...fishing was slow, we managed 7 halibut, nothing of noteworthy size though. Strange currents in familiar places, fished 300' around Montegue for a few fish, then into about 180' for the rest.

Cool Halibut out of Whittier

I rented a boat for this next weekend out of Whittier and have never fished there before. In fact I have only fished in Alaska twice. But know I am a legal resident and I am trying to find some Halibut, I have never caught one. If you could give me a gps location or an Island to fish off I would greattly appreciate it. If you dont want to post the location on here email it to me at fuentesfootball@hotmail.com

Default Whittier boat rentals

Quote Originally Posted by grizzlysnightmare
    I rented a boat for this next weekend out of Whittier...
    Grizzly,

If you don't mind my asking, where did you rent the boat and how much is it? Can you post a link?

Thanks!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default alaska-boat-rental.com

They had a great selection of boats to pick from. I had to get a 23 foot bayliner with a 200 horse engine because it has a bathroom on board not a box you bring on, otherwise my wife would refuse to come with. The 20 footer with 125 horse engine is the cheapest at 425 a day for a 10 hour rental. They rent all fishing gear needed. Every rental day after is 10 % off. I went with a charter before and it doesnt look to hard. Ive got 4 friends coming with me and splitting the bill. If this goes well I may rent again and go look for a black bear. Ill post more after Im back from the trip.

Default PWSs

Went out of whittier, even though we killed the only black bear we seen, there is allot of snow. His feet were soft, just out of hybernation. 2-3 weeks will be ideal. He was eatin these esparagus top lookin things in a clearing. Lots of hunteres goin out.