Thread: Northern Glacier Adventures

Default Northern Glacier Adventures

Anybody have info/experience with Northern Glacier Adventures in the King Salmon area, or any info/experience on the King Salmon River and/or the Kejulik River for moose?

just read their web page, king salmon gets alot of transporter/guide traffic outa there, and it does say air charter INTO the field is included but not OUT of the field. so figure if you make it in in two trips and nail a moose and a caribou per person your flying with about tripple....money this and money that, things to remember.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default Shifty?

If you didn't know to ask or new at that kind of thing you could get stuck with a big bill that you weren't expecting.

Default September 2007

We did a drop camp at Half Way Lake this past September. We were between Becharof lake and the Park. All we saw were bears!! The only moose we saw were in Katmai National Park. The weather was typical (it rained sideways most of the time).

I'm not planning on returning anytime soon.

Was this your first moose hunt in Alaska? In this area? How was the hunting pressure? Did you see a lot of other hunters? But, I guess that doesn't matter too much if you didn't see any moose. Any suggestions? I am not an Alaska resident.

Phils story sounds like alot of stories i've heard from hunters outa king salmon...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212