Thread: Wounded Warriors Sleds stolen!!!

Angry Wounded Warriors Sleds stolen!!!

Wanted to get the work out here that the Wounded Warriors Iron Dog sleds were stolen yesterday from Tailgaters in Wasilla. The sleds were in a trailer and was only at the bar about 20 minutes while the owner (a wounded vet) went in to pick up some donations. The Trailer was found near Church rd and W. Seldon. The sleds (I am under the impression that there were two identicle machines) were 07 Skidoo short track 600's, yellow and blue with a black cowling and Wounded Warrior decals amongst numerous other sponsor decals. 106.5 is taking donations to replace the sleds ASAP since the tech inspection for te iron dog is this Sat!

Related story here...

Default More info

Here is a link to some more info and some pictures.

http://www.palmerelks.org/irondogwwp.htm

Default What a shame

I think I can speak for most people on here when I say I hope they get these lower than scum thieves. I grew up the son of a State Police officer and was taught from a very young age that if it is not yours you do not take it and on top of that this was a sled that is on a mission. A mission to give hope to all of my brothers and sisters in Arms that have not made it back in the same shape they left in.
    I hope they recover this sled and find the people who thought they could take it and string them up in the town square.
    Just my thoughts and I hope I did not offend anyone on here

Greg

maybe if they find the guys and the sleds they could drag the guys out to farwell on their way to Nome...that way they could spend more time with the sleds they stole. hate to see this stuff happen.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

106.5 is taking up collections trying to pay for the new sleds.

The team already picked up two new sleds to race with. they ate 11k each. lets help out how we can, I put up 100 bucks. I know its not much but it would only take a few people to get these guys the money to pay for those sleds.

I wish these guys the best. Hopefully this will end on a good note.

I do have to ask why they were not insured? Not implying anything here, but these dang machines are so darn expensive nowadays it makes sense.

Young punk theives. The only problem with stringing them all up is that would result in the killing of a few million people.

I only saw info for 1 sled, did they only take 1 or did the Troopers recover 1?