Thread: Early Bear Hunting

Default Early Bear Hunting

Hi folks. I am new to this forum and am researching spring bear hunts. Unfortunately, my only timeframe is during mid-April (this year April 13-19) because of work. I was told that it may be possible to see bears this early on POW. I would appreciate your thoughts related to hunting bears during this timeframe, potential outfitters (I am currently looking at a DIY hunt) and locations. Thank you in advance.

Portage Creek,ALASKA

Default all depends

here in bristol bay,your dates can be prime for bears just leaving the den.Keep in mind that in the last few yrs weather has played a big part in getting to for this yr it looks good for a snowmachine hunt for the snow is deep in the prime locations.would not suggest going on your own in this area at that time unless you are familiar with the area.

A month later on POW is better, but you should still see bears. I have hunted the shoreline and over bait and can recommend a few areas around Hollis if that's your destination! Some of the biggest bears I've seen, but just about everyone of them is rubbed.