Thread: New Barneys Packs!

Default New Barneys Packs!

Just a little insight for those of you that need a replacement bag or just need a bag. Got off the phone with Bob a bit a go at Barneys and they are putting out a new bag in the Pinnacle series thi syear thats lightweight and stronger than the kevlar one they currently make but lighter than the cordura bags. He says its awesome. I put in a pre-order and he had a great deal going since I was buying the Carnivore too. Just thought some of you would like to know, whole package will weigh near 8 lbs and be basically bulletproof. They'll be getting the Hilleberg Alak in soon too.

Cha-Ching!!

Hmm...What camo pattern are they using for it? or is it a solid color, something neutral like green or brown I hope...Yep AK45 you said it...Cha-ching!

Default Barney's Packs

Cha-Ching is right!, but they are a hell of a pack system.

I spoke with Bob on this pack as well and he told me it is going to be called the Bobpack. Its 8-10" shorter then the hunter series and built for the guy who needs a smaller pack. He said they dont plan to make there other packs in this material. Not sure exactly why, but thats the word I got.

Bob told me this week the new material was going to be used on the Pinnacle which is bigger than all the other bags. I better call him, cuz I already pre-ordered it.

Yeah Cub find out. I called him because I just purchased my dad and I hunter series packs for xmas and if there is a new better material out already I want to know why nobody said it was coming when I bought my packs.

He told me that he just came up with the supplier for the material in the last few weeks and he's ready to get the ball rolling on this new material. When did you talk to him?

When was the last time Bob updated his website???...he hasn't uploaded any new pics and it seems like he still has the same stuff in there from last year...CK

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    He told me that he just came up with the supplier for the material in the last few weeks and he's ready to get the ball rolling on this new material. When did you talk to him?
    Right before I posted that. So does that mean it will be used for all the packs or just this pack he is calling the "bob" pack?

Talking lol

Quote Originally Posted by kahahawai View Post
    When was the last time Bob updated his website???...he hasn't uploaded any new pics and it seems like he still has the same stuff in there from last year...CK
    2002.....maybe. ask him about his new web site!
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

Default Checkered material

I just called Barney's and spoke w/ Nate. He said the new material is already out there, but that the only color is black and white checkered, no camo.

There is a black and white checkered material (Kevlar) thats been out. I hav ethat pack in my garage as wolfkiller loaned it to me to check out. According to Bob the new version is even more abrasion resistant than the current checkered kevlar but not as heavy as the Cordura 500 and 1000. Bob is at the Shot show, I called him yesterday, he'll be back next week. He's the only one that apparently knows all the details.

Hey Cub, if the material for the packs are made from Dyneema grid fabric, let us know. Lightweight and tough as steel.
    "The days a man spends fishing or spends hunting should not be deducted from the time he's on earth. " Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Romo View Post
    Hey Cub, if the material for the packs are made from Dyneema grid fabric, let us know. Lightweight and tough as steel.
    Ya that Dyneema fabric is pretty awesome stuff. My Kelty 50th anniv. pack is made from it. Tough, light, extremely low moisture absorption. Mines kind of a green checkerboard grid/ripstop type of fabric.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default Any more info

Any more information on this new pack?

I am in the market for a sheep/goat all around pack and this is sounding the most interesting of all so far.

The only thing that makes me a bit reserved on the Barney Pinnacle pack is the weight. I would definitely be interested in something in the 8lb range.

Hopefully they will have them ready for the Sportsman Show.
    Marc Theiler

I just went and prepaid for the pack. I got the "sportsmans show special" price. The pack is the black and white checkered material and is the pinnacle design. They have a piece of the new fabric so you can get a feel of it. I am looking at a june delivery. The pack should be a bit heavier than the current light weight material but still MUCH lighter than the cordura pinnacle. I am pretty excited to finally retire my 12 year old eureka pack but it looks like I will be hauling it up the mountains one more time this year for spring bear (is it June yet...).

Default Bought a frame and hunter bag at the Sportsman Show

There is no kevlar material out yet. It is coming out in June, new packs will be delivered in June more likely. This thread had me all confused. The newest stuff being made into packs right now is the kevlar. The sample hunter bag was just that, a sample and is not the real kevlar material, just a mock up to verify design.

I am still wondering if I should upgrade to the Pinnacle or stick with the hunter. I think I agree with most of the employees, bigger bag just allows you to pack more stuff you don't or won't need.

I went with the pinnacle (june delivery) my buddy has the hunter. I don't think I will have anything extra in the pack except space on the way in! More room for more stuff on the way out is what I wanted. I am planning to put the packs side by side in a few scouting trips this year so time will tell...